- Kaala Box Office Collections: The Film Crosses Another Milestone!
- Rajinikanth To Team Up With AR Murugadoss For An Upcoming Movie?
- Kaala Box Office Collection Report: Registers a Strong Opening In Malaysia!
- Kaala Box Office Update: The Rajinikanth Starrer Becomes Third Highest Grossing Tamil Film In The US
- Kaala Box Office Collection: What Was The Day 1 Collections Of The Movie In Kerala?
- Actress Easwari Rao Initially Thought She Would Play Rajinikanth's Mother In Kaala
Costume Designer Anu Vardhan, the woman behind superstar Rajinikanth's stylish outfits in Kabali, has said the star actor knows how to carry off anything in style.
"He (Rajinikanth) is very confident. While many of the younger stars are particular about what they wear, Rajini sir is not scared to wear what we give him and he can carry off anything in style. That is actually a relief for any designer," Anu said in her interview to Firstpost.
Talking about the experience of working with one of Asia's biggest superstars, she has said, "He is the nicest person to work with. He has absolutely no hang-ups, and always goes with the director's instructions. Rajini sir was very open to working with younger people. He was very encouraging. He would want us to give the inputs."
The colours and textures were selected with a purpose while designing Rajini's clothes for the film.
"We have used more of white, blues and lot of greys. It looks nice on him and I thought we will stick to the same colour palettes. He wears a few formals, but it's more of casual jackets. I deliberately used them because the textures will look good on an older person. It gives a very sophisticated and dramatic effect," she has said.
She has also said that two different patterns were used, keeping in mind the old and young Rajini.
"We have used muted colours for the older Rajinikanth. The younger version of Rajini will be seen wearing colourful and printed shirts. I like his retro look. Rajini sir has carried it off so well. He just completely transformed into that role and that caught me by surprise. He just walks that way. He was suddenly all pumped up with energy," Anu told Firstpost.
Also Read: 'Chennai 600028 II': Mahat's Character & Looks Will Surprise You!