- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
According to the latest report, farmers in Tamil Nadu are planning to stage a protest in front of superstar Rajinikanth's residence, if the actor fails to hand them 1 Crore rupees as promised, within a month.
"Rajinikanth promised to help us with 1 Crore rupees during the 2002 Cauvery river water dispute. The money was meant to help the government inter-link rivers. But even after 14 years Rajinikanth has not made any contribution," Ayyakannu, a representative of farmers, has told a leading Tamil daily.
It is a known fact that the Lingaa actor had made his presence felt during the 2002 Cauvery dispute, when many Tamil actors chose to stage a protest against the government of Karnataka on the 13th of October.
Ayyakannu has claimed that Rajinikanth met the then Governor and made a promise that he would contribute 1 Crore rupees, which would be useful in interlinking rivers.
Since it is alleged that Rajinikanth has not made the contribution so far, an organization called 'Desiya Thenmaanila Nadhigal Inaippu Vivasaayigal Sangam', which is headed by Ayyakannu, is threatening to stage a protest, should the star actor fail to hand them the money within a month.