- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
We had recently reported that farmers in Tamil Nadu are planning to stage a protest in front of superstar Rajinikanth's residence, owing to the actor's promise, that was never fulfilled.
An organization called 'Desiya Thenmaanila Nadhigal Inaippu Vivasaayigal Sangam' headed by Ayyakannu, had alleged that the star actor had promised them to make a contribution of 1 Crore rupees, which would later help the government in inter-linking rivers, a project which is expected to put an end to farmers' plight in the state.
Though the promise was allegedly made 14 years ago, during the 2002 Cauvery river dispute between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, Rajinikanth had never made the contribution, it was said.
"Rajinikanth promised to help us with 1 Crore rupees during the 2002 Cauvery river water dispute. The money was meant to help the government inter-link rivers. But even after 14 years Rajinikanth has not made any contribution," Ayyakannu had said, adding that they would stage a protest, should the actor fail to make the contribution within a month's time.
Now, a source close to Rajinikanth has said that the Enthiran star has already deposited 1 Crore rupees and the amount would reach the government when the project of interlinking rivers starts rolling.
Rajinikanth, who is currently holidaying in the USA, along with his family, is expected to return to Chennai before his much anticipated film Kabali hits the big screen.
Directed by Pa Ranjith and produced by 'Kalaipuli' S Thanu, Kabali, which narrates the story of an ageing don, is one of the most awaited Tamil films of this year, not only in Tamil Nadu but also in neighbouring states like Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Telangana and Karnataka.
The film will most probably release worldwide on July 22.