- Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film: Nawazuddin Joins The Cast; Simran To Play The Female Lead
- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
- Kaala Box Office: Is The Rajinikanth Starrer A Hit Or A Flop?
- Kaala Box Office Collections: The Film Crosses Another Milestone!
- Rajinikanth To Team Up With AR Murugadoss For An Upcoming Movie?
- Kaala Box Office Collection Report: Registers a Strong Opening In Malaysia!
- Kaala Box Office Update: The Rajinikanth Starrer Becomes Third Highest Grossing Tamil Film In The US
Superstar Rajinikanth's blockbuster hit Baasha has, over the years, entertained its audiences zillion times by swooping into the television sets of millions of Rajinikanth's fans.
But, for just the second time in 21 years, the bloodthirsty don from Mumbai is all set to make his appearance on the big screen all over Tamil Nadu.
Some of the punch dialogues from the film, the most famous being 'naa oruthadava sonna nooru thadava sonna maathiri', were immortalized by fans and is still among the favourites.
Favourite Among Auto Drivers
One of the characters played by Rajinikanth in the film, catapulted his fame to new heights as he became popular among auto drivers and how! Even today many auto rickshaws in Chennai and other cities ply carrying Rajinikanth's photo.
When 'Baasha' Sent Media Into Frenzy
During its release, Baasha became the talk of the town, prompting local and national media to cover the story extensively. Since then all Rajinikanth's movies have been media-friendly!
The film was a blockbuster hit and was played in many theatres for as long as 368 days. It also redefined the stardom of superstar Rajinikanth overnight.
After the grand success of Baasha, the makers wanted to come up with a sequel. But then decided against it, stating that Baasha is inimitable and that not even a sequel could equal it.
Re-release In 2012
Baasha was re-released in Hindi after digitizing the print in 2012. The film was also dubbed and released in Telugu, which was a success in Andhra Pradesh.
Yes, talks are on to release the digitized version of Rajinikanth's Baasha, even as you are reading this article.
"We are in the process of re-releasing 'Baasha' in the digital format. The negatives had been restored when the Hindi dubbed version was released earlier.
Now, the mastering of songs by Deva is complete with DTS, and the re-recording in 5.1 surround sound and other digitisation is underway," producer RM Veerappan's son-in-law TG Thyagarajan told Deccan Chronicle.
Thyagarajan, who is currently bankrolling Ajith's 'Thala 57' has said that the release date and other important dates will be finalized by Mr. Veerappan.
Directed by Suresh Krissna, Baasha, the story of a simple auto driver with a Robin Hood-like past, went on to become one of the most successful films in Rajinikanth's acting career.
Many dialogues in the film were immortalized and is still popular today.
Continue reading the story in the slides above: