- Kaala Box Office Collection: Second Only To Kabali In Telugu Speaking Regions!
- Vote Now: Rajinikanth-Radhika Apte In Kabali Or Rajini-Huma Qureshi In Kaala
- Kaala Box Office Prediction: Will Rajinikanth's Film Live Up To Expectations?
- Kaala Preview: 5 Reasons That Make This Rajinikanth Starrer A Must-watch
- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Before Nana Patekar In Kaala, These Actors Played Iconic Villains In Rajinikanth's Films
"My heartfelt gratitude to all those who made 'Kabali' a huge success. From my producer to director to fans and to the media, I thank each and every one of them," Rajinikanth said in a letter issued to the media.
In the letter, he also wrote about his US sabbatical.
"Since I was working non-stop on 'Kabali', and Shankar's '2.o', I was required to take mental and physical rest. Hence, I went on a two-month trip with daughter Aishwarya Dhanush, and during which time I had undergone a few medical tests," he said, and added that he feels revitalised and motivated now.
Although Rajinikanth heard about the success of Kabali in the US, he said: "To see and experience (it) in person gives me immense happiness."
As on Tuesday (July 26), Kabali had grossed over 200 Crore rupees worldwide, according to trade experts.
"It's the fastest south Indian film to rake in over Rs 200 crore at the box-office worldwide in just five days. As on Tuesday, 'Kabali' has grossed Rs 205 crore and this includes the three languages in which the film was released," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
Though the film received mixed reviews from critics as well as fans, Kabali is still going strong in many cinema halls worldwide.
The thunderous box office opening of the Rajinikanth-starrer is attributed mainly towards its pre-release buzz, leading to massive advance bookings and unusually high ticket prices all over the world.
Also starring Radhika Apte, Dhansika, Kishore, Winston Chao and John Vijay in important roles, Kabali narrates the story of a gangster who fights for equal pay rights for Tamilians in Malaysia.