- Kaala Box Office Collection: Second Only To Kabali In Telugu Speaking Regions!
- Vote Now: Rajinikanth-Radhika Apte In Kabali Or Rajini-Huma Qureshi In Kaala
- Kaala Box Office Prediction: Will Rajinikanth's Film Live Up To Expectations?
- Kaala Preview: 5 Reasons That Make This Rajinikanth Starrer A Must-watch
- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Before Nana Patekar In Kaala, These Actors Played Iconic Villains In Rajinikanth's Films
- Kaala: 5 Biggest Takeaways From The Trailer Of Rajinikanth's Gangster-Drama
- 5 Top On-screen Looks Of Kaala Star Rajinikanth That Prove He Is More Experimental Than You Think
- Mersal Achieves Two Rare Feats!
- Rajinikanth's Kaala Overtakes Kabali!
- Vivegam Box Office: Sets A New Record In Chennai!
- Thalaivar 161: This Rajinikanth-Pa.Ranjith Movie Will Start Rolling Soon
Rajinikanth is back and yet again he brings with him, a whole new level of madness. The 'Kabali craze', as the phenomenon is being referred to, has loomed large over the country, breaking and creating many records in the process.
The fascination towards the film and the superstar acted in it is itself a groundbreaking occurrence, which cannot be comprehended by someone far away from the Indian subcontinent.
Click on the slides below to know about the records created by Kabali
First Indian Movie In Malay
Kabali is said to be the first Indian movie to be dubbed in Malay language. The move is comprehensible as Rajinikanth has more fan following in Malaysia than any other Indian actor.
First South Indian Film In Hawaii
According to a report, this Rajinikanth-starrer will be the first South Indian movie to be screened at Hawaii, a state in the United States of America.
Flying Like A Boss
Kabali created history when it became the first Indian movie to be promoted by a leading airline company. AirAsia India took the promotions to a different level by joining hands with the makers of the film.
With 26 Million hits on YouTube, Kabali's teaser is the highest viewed Indian teaser ever. Within hours from its release, the 1 minute 6 second video garnered Lakhs of views and likes.
Setting New Trends
While other big budget movies featuring top stars, hit the big screen during festivals and holidays, Kabali decides to convert a normal day into a holiday. Many companies have declared a holiday on July 22, setting a new trend.
When A Film Demands A State Holiday
If you thought shutting down companies for a day just because of a movie was crazy, what about public demanding a state holiday with a formal petition to the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu?
People flying all the way from Dubai, Japan, Malaysia and London just to experience the first day first show in Chennai when they can watch the movie at the comfort of their own country is a record in itself.
Kabali is also the first Indian movie to be screened at five star hotels, a concept that already exists in Western countries.
The Pa Ranjith directorial will be screened at top 4 star hotels in Bangalore.
"It (Kabali) will be screened at JW Mariott (Vittal Mallya Road), Lalit Ashok, Royal Orchid (Yelahanka) and Crowne Plaza (Electronics City) with sound effects and Canon screens for three days, starting Friday. Four shows, with a seating capacity of 300 for each, will be held every day," Anand G, Lahari Music, told Times of India.
Few hotels like Lalit Ashok are even planning to increase the capacity from 300 seats to 500, depending on the demand from fans and moviegoers.
"On Friday and Saturday, we will have one screen, with a 300-seating capacity. As we are expecting more crowd on Sunday, a second hall with 500 seats will be added," Manjunath Kowtal, a representative of Lalit Ashok told a leading daily.
Tickets are priced between 1300 to 1400 rupees which includes a coupon for either beverages or food. Going by the response from fans, owners are expecting a massive opening.
Continue reading the story in the slides above to know about other records created by Kabali