- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
Superstar Rajinikanth is in New Delhi and will soon join the sets of Tamil sci-fi thriller 2.O to shoot some important portions at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, where the team is currently stationed.
"Rajinikanth arrived in Delhi with his daughter last evening. He will join the sets of the film from today (Wednesday). As soon as he completes this schedule, he will head to Morocco next," a source from the film's unit told IANS.
The movie is the sequel to Tamil superhit Enthiran, which released in the year 2010. Enthiran, starring Rajinikanth and Aishwarya Rai, narrates the love story of a humanoid robot.
Akshay Kumar plays the main villain in 2.O, which marks his Tamil acting debut. The film also stars Amy Jackson, and she's believed to be the only lady, who has been brought on board so far.
The movie, which is being bankrolled by Lyca Productions, will be shot entirely in 3D, which is a first to Tamil Cinema. Cinematographer Nirav Shah, after doing a lot of groundwork on how to work in a full-fledged 3D movie, is capturing the film.
Directed by Shankar, who had also helmed Enthiran, 2.O is being made with a gigantic budget of over 350 Crore rupees.