- UNSEEN FOOTAGE: When Jayalalithaa Revealed That She Wanted Aishwarya Rai To Play Her In Her Biopic
- Jayalalithaa’s Journey In Tamil Cinema
- Ram Gopal Varma Remembers Jayalalithaa! Says He Attended An Award Show Only Because Of Her Presence!
- Veteran Actor Dharmendra Shocked Over Jayalalithaa's Demise!
- Jayalalithaa's Demise: Mammootty, Mohanlal & Others Express Grief
- Did You Know? Jayalalithaa Has Acted In A Malayalam Movie!
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and DMK president Karunanidhi greeted legendary playback singer P Susheela for entering the Guinness World Records for recording over 17,000 songs in multiple languages.
Jayalalithaa said she was joyed to learn Susheela's achievement and lauded her for the accomplishment through hard work.
"I pray to the Almighty, you must sing many more thousands of songs serving Tamil music," she said. "I proudly recall that you had sung playback songs not only for me but also for my mother (Sandhya)," she said, adding how several films got honours due to her sweet voice in songs.
DMK chief Karunanidhi said the legendary singer's voice was "more sweet than honey," and stated that through her timeless songs she had earned a permanent place in the hearts of the people."
Recalling how she had received a host of honours and awards, he said, "I convey my wholehearted wishes to her." He also greeted Music mastero Ilaiyaraaja for bagging the 63rd National Film Award under the Best Background music category for his music in the Tamil flick, Tharai Thappattai.
Susheela has recorded upto 17,695 solo, duet and chorus backed songs in over six Indian languages since the 1960s, the Guinness World Records said in its citation. She has sung songs in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi and other Indian languages.