- Kaala Box Office Collection: Second Only To Kabali In Telugu Speaking Regions!
- Vote Now: Rajinikanth-Radhika Apte In Kabali Or Rajini-Huma Qureshi In Kaala
- Kaala Box Office Prediction: Will Rajinikanth's Film Live Up To Expectations?
- Kaala Preview: 5 Reasons That Make This Rajinikanth Starrer A Must-watch
- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Before Nana Patekar In Kaala, These Actors Played Iconic Villains In Rajinikanth's Films
- Kaala: 5 Biggest Takeaways From The Trailer Of Rajinikanth's Gangster-Drama
- 5 Top On-screen Looks Of Kaala Star Rajinikanth That Prove He Is More Experimental Than You Think
- Mersal Achieves Two Rare Feats!
- Rajinikanth's Kaala Overtakes Kabali!
- Vivegam Box Office: Sets A New Record In Chennai!
- Thalaivar 161: This Rajinikanth-Pa.Ranjith Movie Will Start Rolling Soon
When it comes to the box office collections of Tamil films, Malaysia as an overseas contributor plays a pivotal role for obvious reasons. Even Rajinikanth's Kabali had gained a lot from the Malaysian box office. So much so that it is now the highest box office grosser for any Tamil movie in the country.
A list of top 10 highest Tamil box office grossers in Malaysia has been released. Not surprisingly, the Pa Ranjith directorial takes the numero uno position with an impressive MYR 12,585,134, according to a report.
After Kabali, Rajinikanth's Enthiran is placed second in the list of top 10 highest grossing Tamil movies in Malaysia. The film has collected MYR 9,773,086.
Rajinikanth's dominance at the Malaysian box office is pretty intimidating to say the least and it shows in this list. According to the report, Sivaji has gathered MYR 8,528,800 and thus takes the third position.
Thala Ajith's Vedalam is at the fourth place with a total collection of MYR 8,357,729. Vedalam was directed by Siva and was bankrolled by AM Rathnam under Shri Sai Raam Creations.
Vikram-Amy Jackson starrer I takes the fifth place. The film, directed by Shankar, has reportedly collected MYR 7,404,000 in Malaysia. I was produced by V Ravichandran and D Ramesh Babu under Aascar Film.
Ilayathalapathy Vijay's Kaththi is at the sixth place in the list. It is said that the film, directed by AR Murugadoss, has gathered MYR 6,430,110. Kaththi was produced by K Karunamoorthi and A Subashkaran under Ayngaran International and Lyca Productions.
Yet again, a Rajinikanth-starrer features in the list. Lingaa, directed by KS Ravikumar takes the seventh place in the list with a total collection of MYR 6,250,830. Lingaa was bankrolled by Rockline Venkatesh under Rockline Productions.
Suriya's Singam is in the eighth place with a total collection of MYR 5,794,818. Singam was directed by Hari and produced by KE Gnanavel Raja under Reliance BIG Pictures and Studio Green.
It is said that Vijay's Theri is currently in the ninth place which is a bit of a surprise as the film was a blockbuster. According to the report Theri has amassed MYR 5,768,994.
And at the tenth place, it is Raghava Lawrence's Kanchana 2! The film, which had a wonderful run in Malaysia has accumulated MYR 5,713,777. Kanchana 2 was directed by Lawrence himself and bankrolled by Raghava Lawrence and Bellamkonda Suresh under Raghavendra Productions.
Set against the backdrop of Malaysia, the Rajinikanth-starrer had created a huge buzz in the country even before its theatrical release. Kabali was also dubbed and released in Malay for a better reach among the locals.
When it comes to its overall overseas collections, it is said that the film, which was bankrolled by 'Kalaipuli' S Thanu, has amassed a whopping 105 Crore rupees so far.
Collections in India too, has been impressive so far with the film still being played at many centres. In Kerala, Kabali is now the highest Tamil grosser ever with a collection of close to 16 Crore rupees.
Click on the slides above to know about the remaining 9 films that have done well at the Malaysian box office: