- Hey Jude Movie Review: An Endearing Film With Laudable Performances!
- #SuchiLeaks! This Is What Sanchita Shetty, Parvathy Nair And Others Have To Say!
- Mollywood Retake: What If Mani Ratnam's Ayutha Ezhuthu Is Remade In Malayalam?
- Pulimurugan's Big Record, Trisha Krishnan's Mollywood Debut & Other Mollywood News Of The Week!
- WOW! Trisha Krishnan To Make Her Mollywood Debut With Nivin Pauly-Shyamaprasad Movie!
- When Trisha Said Yes To 'Nayaki' In Just Five Minutes!
Director Govi, who has helmed Trisha's upcoming film Nayagi, has said the Yennai Arindhaal actress is the real hero of the film, which releases in theatres on Friday (July 8).
"Although I have two male leads, Trisha is the hero of the film. She worked very hard on this project, shed weight and underwent complete makeover to play her part. I don't think any leading actress would compromise so much for the sake of a film," Govi told IANS.
Trisha will be seen playing a teen in the flashback portions of the film.
"In one of her avatars, she plays a 16-18 year old character. I didn't have to tell her how she should look for the character. When I narrated the story, she understood what was expected from her to do justice to the role," he said.
Nayagi is a retro horror-comedy, according to its director.
"Trisha will be mostly seen in the 1980s look. The story will go back and forth in time. The film is 98 percent comedy and two percent horror," said Govi.
"We shot the film simultaneously in Telugu and Tamil. It's not easy to complete a bilingual in 48 days but Trisha ensured that the project was not delayed at any cost.
For her role in the 1980s, it'd take her easily five hours to wear costumes and make-up. Nevertheless, she never complained or threw tantrums. She was very understanding and patient throughout the course of the shoot," he added.
Trisha has also lent her voice for one of the songs in the movie, which also stars Ganesh Venkatraman, Jayaprakash and Sentrayan in prominent roles.
"She sang a three-minute promo song. One minute of the song will be used as the title track and the rest of it will feature in the film," Govi said.
Also Read: What's Cooking? Simbu & Manjima Are Chilling Out Together!