- Venkat Prabhu’s RK Nagar’s Teaser Out! Stirs Controversy...
- Jayaram Bags A Real Interesting Project!
- 'Chennai 600028 II': Mahat's Character & Looks Will Surprise You!
- Storyline Of 'Chennai 600028' Part 2: Young Lads Are Now Middle-aged Men!
- IN PICS: Launched - A Sequel To Venkat Prabhu's 'Chennai 600028'!
- 'Chennai 600028' To Have A Sequel, Venkat Prabhu Will Direct The Flick!
Tamil film-maker Venkat Prabhu and actor Kreshna Kulasekaran have extended their support to a crowdfunding campaign by Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation (ABBF), which will benefit India's blind tandem cycling team.
ABBF, brainchild of Divyanshu Ganatra, who lost his eyesight to glaucoma at 19, is committed to spreading awareness and the desire to spread the spirit of empathy, proving that world views that see disability as stigma are antiquated, misplaced and belong decidedly in the past.
The team, comprising Gagan Grover and Divyanshu, will ride 550 km from Manali to Khardung La from August 29 to September 3.
Both Venkat Prabhu and Kreshna tweeted in support of the campaign, urging people to donate for the cause.
The cost of the expedition is Rs 670,000, out of which Rs 350,000 for the bike and accessories is sponsored by GIANT cycles. ABBF hopes to raise the rest of the money via this campaign.
This cycling trip will be made into a documentary in order to help other disabled people explore adventure sports.