TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Tamil film-maker Venkat Prabhu and actor Kreshna Kulasekaran have extended their support to a crowdfunding campaign by Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation (ABBF), which will benefit India's blind tandem cycling team.
ABBF, brainchild of Divyanshu Ganatra, who lost his eyesight to glaucoma at 19, is committed to spreading awareness and the desire to spread the spirit of empathy, proving that world views that see disability as stigma are antiquated, misplaced and belong decidedly in the past.
The team, comprising Gagan Grover and Divyanshu, will ride 550 km from Manali to Khardung La from August 29 to September 3.
Both Venkat Prabhu and Kreshna tweeted in support of the campaign, urging people to donate for the cause.
The cost of the expedition is Rs 670,000, out of which Rs 350,000 for the bike and accessories is sponsored by GIANT cycles. ABBF hopes to raise the rest of the money via this campaign.
This cycling trip will be made into a documentary in order to help other disabled people explore adventure sports.