- Rajinikanth & Vijay Sethupathi To Share The Screen Space For The First Time!
- Vikram Vedha Remake: Shahrukh Khan Might Agree To Star But Wait There's Conditions Apply!
- IT'S OFFICIAL! R.Madhavan's Vikram Vedha To Be Remade In Bollywood [READ DETAILS]
- Kee Audio Launch Controversy
- Vijay Sethupathi-Nayanthara Duo Ready To Enthral Again!
- When Vijay Sethupathi Turned Emotional!
Tamil actor Vijay Sethupathi has requested the protesters not to attack commoners, especially the ones crossing the state borders to reach their respective home.
Incidents of people attacking poor and the innocent over the cauvery river water dispute has irked many and Vijay is no exception.
According to a report from IndiaGlitz, here's what the Soodhu Kavvum actor has said:
"I am not going to talk about Cauvery water sharing dispute. It is very painful to see innocent people being attacked. We have cast out votes and elected the political leaders to handle our problems. Let us place our demands in front of them. They will discuss and bring about a solution.
Instead attacking the layman who cannot fulfill his basic necessities if he cannot go to work even for one day, is highly distressing. Behind every such person attacked, there is a family loving them and expecting their safe return to home.
If this issue is not there, I believe that there would have been exchange of love between us (Tamils and Kannadigas). This sense of hatred has been thrust upon us for decades. We should first understand that. For me my language is like my mother. I love my mom and respect her. Same way, we respect and love you and your language. Let the Government handle this problem. Let's place our requests to the Government. I solemnly request everyone to forget hatred and renounce violence. Please don't attack the common man."