- Kadaikutty Singam Chennai Box Office Report: Karthi’s Film Opens On A Good Note!
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 July 13 Preview: Karthi Pays A Visit, Kadaikutty Singam Mania Runs Wild
- Kadaikutty Singam: Karthi Shines In This Rural Action Flick
- Kadaikutty Singam Twitter Review: Has Karthi’s Film Managed to Impress the Fans?
- Suriya & Karthi Impress Fans With Their Flamboyant Telugu
- Kadaikutty Singam Review: Karthi's Audacity Is Impressive!
- Theeran Adhigaram Ondru Movie Review: Chapter 1 Is Mind-blowing!
- Before Theeran Adhigaram Ondru: Box Office Analysis Of Karthi's Previous 5 Movies!
- Films Galore! Major Telugu Releases Of The Week (Nov 17)
- Kaatru Veliyidai Trailer Review: A Glimpse Of Mani Ratnam Magic
- Kaatru Veliyidai: Azhagiye Song Teaser Nears 10 Lakhs Views
- Karthi Opens Up About Mammootty And Mohanlal!
Going by the first look posters of Karthi's upcoming film Kaashmora, it looks like the Paruthiveeran actor might play an out and out negative character for the first time in his career.
Karthi looks menacing in the posters that has a war background. His costume and appearance have come across as a surprise to many as fans were expecting the posters to have a horror connection.
Karthi As Army General
Sources in the know have revealed that Karthi will be playing an army general in a kingdom, which has Nayantara playing its queen. Whether Karthi plays a role with negative shades is something yet to be ascertained.
Nayantara As Rathina Maha Devi
"While Karthi's character is Raj Naik, Nayan is called Rathina Maha Devi," revealed Prabhu. It is said that the Thirunaal actress will appear only during the period set up of the film.
Third Character Shrouded In Suspense
Karthi will be playing three characters in the movie. While the look of one of the characters has been revealed, the second character will be a contemporary one. It is the third role which has the surprise element, according to Prabhu.
Karthi As Ghost?
It is speculated that Karthi might play the role of a ghost. The fact that 'Kaashmora' is not a Tamil title suggests that he might play a outlander.
'Kaashmora' An Apt Title
Prabhu feels that Kaashmora is an apt title for the movie and that's why they went ahead with it. "Even our previous film, Joker, which received critical acclaim, had an English title. But we did not change it, as it suited the political satire script," he told DC.
Another producer Prakashbabu has said art director, music composer and cinematographer have done fabulous jobs in the movie. "Apart from Rajeevan's sets, Om Prakash's cinematography and Santhosh Narayanan's music are the high points of the movie."
As mentioned in the poster, Kaashmora will hit the screen for this year's Diwali. The film also stars Sri Divya, Vivekh, Siddharth Vipin and 'Jangiri' Madhumitha in important roles.
But the makers of Kaashmora have decided to elevate the expectation meter of movie buffs and fans by releasing some of the most intriguing posters of recent time.
Produced by Prakashbabu and Prabhu under Dream Warrior Pictures, Kaashmora is said to be Karthi's costliest film ever. It has been made with a budget of over 60 Crore rupees.
According to producer Prabhu, 47 different looks for Karthi was conceptualised before locking on three of them.
"We took seven months to conceptualise 47 different getups, and froze three looks for Karthi. We tried every guise on Karthi, who patiently experimented with each avatar.
The period segment was shot with elaborate rich sets, including a huge darbar set erected for this purpose in and around Chennai," he told Deccan Chronicle.
Continue reading the story in the slides above:
Also Read: 'Wagah' Movie Review And Rating: Half-baked & Unintentionally Funny