- With Kaala Set To Hit Screens, Here's Why We Feel Rajinikanth Is The 'Phenom' Of Kollywood
- Vijay Sethupathi Signed The Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film Without Listening To The Script
- Rajinikanth's Kaala: Huma Qureshi's Character Poster Is Out!
- Rajinikanth VS Mammootty VS Mohanlal: A Phenomenal Competition Awaits!
- Actress Simran To Play The Female Lead In Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film?
- Huma Qureshi To Play Superstar Rajinikanth's Love Interest In Kaala
Indian cinema, over the years, has churned out many great actors, who have been immensely successful at the box office. But none seems to be on par with Rajinikanth, who's box office collections are getting bigger with his age.
From the very beginning, the Enthiran actor was successful in choosing movies that would eventually do well commercially, which subsequently made him the superstar.
But at the age of 65, the 'Thalaivar' of Tamil Nadu is breaking all box office records of Indian cinema, not only in our country but also many foreign countries like USA, Japan, Malaysia, UAE, Singapore and so on.
Even Amitabh Bachchan, who is considered as one of the greatest Indian actors, seems to be in tune with this thought as the 73-year-old has called Rajinikanth "the best".
"Rajini is phenomenal. The largest, the best and truly the boss. Outside of Tamil Nadu, people have no idea what he is all about. The adulation, the following is incomparable. We are friends and colleagues. I abhor epithets, but for him, I will make exceptions, for he is truly exceptional," Amitabh told The Indian Express.
It is not at all a surprise the statement has come from Mr. Bachchan, for he understands the difficulty of playing the lead at 65.
Rajinikanth is not just doing that effectively, but is also busy making and breaking box office records, which is a rarity in the history of Indian cinema.
His recently released movie Kabali has collected over 200 Crores worldwide from only its opening weekend, which is substantial for a regional language film.
The pre-release buzz of the movie too, was unbelievable, and it keeps exponentiating with each and every release of the superstar.
His next release 2.o, which is being directed by Shankar is a sci-fi thriller, made with a lavish budget of 350 Crore rupees.