TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
There's no denying the fact that Ajith Kumar is one of the biggest and most talented stars in the Tamil film industry today. Fondly called 'Thala', the actor enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his dashing personality, good looks and remarkable versatility as an actor. Over the years, he has starred in several big blockbusters, and this has established him as a force to be reckoned with. Now, he is in the limelight for a terrific reason. Ajith has completed 26 years in the industry, and the 'Thala Army' has been celebrating this remarkable feat for the past few days.
Previously, some Ajith fans had released a common photo to celebrate this achievement and now they are using the hashtag '26 Yrs Of Unparalleled Ajith' to mark the feat. With Ajith mania running wild, we take a look at some of his finest performances.
Produced by noted film-maker Mani Ratnam, Aasai was a romantic thriller and featured a beautifully restrained performance from Ajith. Directed by Vasanth, the film received rave reviews from the critics and proved to be a commercial success. It also had Prakash Raj and Suvaluxmi in the lead.
Directed by actor-director SJ Suryah, Vaali featured Ajith in a double role and helped him showcase his versatility as an actor to the fullest. As expected, the actor's chemistry with his leading ladies (Jyothika and Simran) was quite good and left the fans asking for more. Vaali did well at the box office.
An action-thriller, Amarkalam hit the screens in 1999 and did well at the box office. Directed by Saran, it featured Ajith in the role of a rowdy and helped him redefine the meaning of on-screen machismo. Amarkalam also featured Shalini and Raghuvaran in the lead roles.
A Saravana Subbiah directorial, Citizen revolved around how an ardent Hindu disguises himself as a Muslim and a Christian, in order to punish those who destroyed his village. The film became a hit and is regarded as a classic.
Released in 2015, this Gautham Menon directorial featured an intense yet subdued performance from Ajith and this helped it create a buzz amongst the movie buffs. Upon release, it received rave reviews from all corners and did reasonably well at the box office. Yennai Arindhaal also had Anushka Shetty and Trisha in the lead.