TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
The much-loved AR Murugadoss is one of the most prominent film-makers in the Tamil film industry today. And, at present, he is in the limelight because for a variety of reasons. His latest big film Sarkar hit the screens on November 6, 2018 and it opened to a thunderous response at the box office, However, it also found itself in the midst of a controversy because of a few 'objectionable' scenes and veiled references to the late TN CM Jayalalithaa.
Yesterday(November 8, 2018), with the controversy in full swing, the cops visited Murugadoss' house and banged on the door a few times. However, as the film-maker was not present at home, they left without making any further enquires.
While some reports claimed that the cops had reached the house to arrest the director, other reports suggested that they had gone there to provide security to his house. Now, the latest update is that Murugadoss has applied for anticipatory bail and the matter is likely to be heard by the Madras High Court soon.
This is a developing situation and it'll be interesting to see what happens next.
Sarkar is a political-thriller and features Vijay in the role of a CEO who returns to India to cast his vote. It has been described As the 'most political' film of Vijay's Career.