- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (Day 4): Kamal Haasan's Film Is Unstoppable!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Tamil Nadu Box Office Collections 3 Days: Kamal Haasan's Film Reigns Supreme!
- Andrea Jeremiah Comments On The Casting Couch Row, Backs Sri Reddy
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Chennai Box Office Collections Day 1: Kamal Haasan’s Film Fails To Beat Kaala
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Day 1: How Well Did The Movie Perform At The Kochi Multiplexes!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Day 1): Kamal Haasan’s Film Opens On A Decent Note In The US
- Vishwaroopam 2: Andrea Jeremiah Did Not Get Intimidated By Kamal Haasan, Here's Why
- Vishwaroopam 2 Review: A Galloping Ride That Turns Bumpy After A Certain Point!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Twitter Review: Here’s What The Audience Has To Say About Kamal Haasan’s Film
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Preview: Will Kamal Haasan Defy The Odds And Deliver A Hit?
- What Is The Status Of Vishwaroopam 2's Release Post Karunanidhi's Demise?
In 2013, the legendary Kamal Haasan gave a strong proof of his abilities as an actor when he delivered a solid performance in Vishwaroopam and left the fans asking for more. The spy-thriller was directed by the Ulaga Nayagan himself, which dealt with the sensitive issue of terrorism. Upon release, it did reasonably well at the box office despite facing opposition from a particular section of society. Now, 5 years later, Kamal is gearing up for the release of Vishwaroopam 2. The film is slated to hit the screens on Friday (August 10, 2018) and it has created a good amount of buzz amongst the fans. With Vishwaroopam 2 almost upon us, here is a look at the major highlights/plot details of the first part.
Meet The Simpleton!
During the opening scenes, we are introduced to Kamal Haasan's character Vishwanath, who is a simple-minded Kathak teacher and shares a special bond with his students. The opening scenes also make it clear that Vishwanath loves his wife Nirupama (Pooja Kumar) and is a caring individual.
A Big Twist And An Epic Transformation!
A little later, the two land in some big trouble when a terrorist outfit headed by Omar (played by Rahul Bose) kidnaps them. Just when everything seems to be over, Vishwanath shows his true colours and single-handedly kills the terrorists. It is then revealed that Vishwanath's real name is Wisam Ahmad Kashmiri and he's a RAW agent.
Wisam And Omar's Complex History
Nirupama soon realises that everyone in Wisam's life has a 'double role'. During a lengthy flashback sequence, the viewers are told about the complicated relationship between Wisam and Omar.
A Deadly Plot To Wreck Havoc
Later, Wisam tells Nirupama that he is on a mission to bust a US-based sleeper cell of the Al-Qaeda, which is planning to wreck havoc through a caesium bomb. After initially refusing to believe he husband, Nirupama agrees to cooperate with him.
A Gripping Climax And An Unlikely Saviour
During the final showdown, Nirupama helps Wisam and his team foil Omar's plans. She sets up a Faraday gate that makes it impossible to detonate the bomb. Thereafter, Wisam kills the bomber and sends a strong message to Omar who somehow escapes.