TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
In 2013, the legendary Kamal Haasan gave a strong proof of his abilities as an actor when he delivered a solid performance in Vishwaroopam and left the fans asking for more. The spy-thriller was directed by the Ulaga Nayagan himself, which dealt with the sensitive issue of terrorism. Upon release, it did reasonably well at the box office despite facing opposition from a particular section of society. Now, 5 years later, Kamal is gearing up for the release of Vishwaroopam 2. The film is slated to hit the screens on Friday (August 10, 2018) and it has created a good amount of buzz amongst the fans. With Vishwaroopam 2 almost upon us, here is a look at the major highlights/plot details of the first part.
Meet The Simpleton!
During the opening scenes, we are introduced to Kamal Haasan's character Vishwanath, who is a simple-minded Kathak teacher and shares a special bond with his students. The opening scenes also make it clear that Vishwanath loves his wife Nirupama (Pooja Kumar) and is a caring individual.
A Big Twist And An Epic Transformation!
A little later, the two land in some big trouble when a terrorist outfit headed by Omar (played by Rahul Bose) kidnaps them. Just when everything seems to be over, Vishwanath shows his true colours and single-handedly kills the terrorists. It is then revealed that Vishwanath's real name is Wisam Ahmad Kashmiri and he's a RAW agent.
Wisam And Omar's Complex History
Nirupama soon realises that everyone in Wisam's life has a 'double role'. During a lengthy flashback sequence, the viewers are told about the complicated relationship between Wisam and Omar.
A Deadly Plot To Wreck Havoc
Later, Wisam tells Nirupama that he is on a mission to bust a US-based sleeper cell of the Al-Qaeda, which is planning to wreck havoc through a caesium bomb. After initially refusing to believe he husband, Nirupama agrees to cooperate with him.
A Gripping Climax And An Unlikely Saviour
During the final showdown, Nirupama helps Wisam and his team foil Omar's plans. She sets up a Faraday gate that makes it impossible to detonate the bomb. Thereafter, Wisam kills the bomber and sends a strong message to Omar who somehow escapes.