- Ghajinikanth Box Office Collections (4 Days): Arya's Film Has A Decent First Weekend!
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 August 3 Preview: The Ghajinikanth Team Visits The Contestants
- Junga Box Office Collections (Week 1): How Much Has Vijay Sethupathi's Film Collected So Far?
- Ghajinikanth Review: This One Had The Prospects To Be A Better Entertainer!
- Ghajinikanth Twitter Review: Here’s What The Audiences Have To Say About The Arya Starrer!
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2: Stars Who Are Rumoured To Be Part Of Kamal Haasan's Show
- 'Badai Bungalow Will Be Continued', Confirms Arya!
- Ghajinikanth First Look Causes A Flutter
- WHOA! RAJARATHA Second Poster Is Out; Kollywood Actor ARYA’s Look Is Revealed!
- BREAKING NEWS! Tamil Actor Arya To Make His Sandalwood Debut In An Upcoming Film!
- Shruthi Hassan’s Sangamithra Makes It Big!
- The Great Father Box Office: Arya Responds To Allegations On Fake Collections!
The handsome Arya is arguably one of the most talented and underrated young stars in the Tamil film industry today. During his reasonably eventful career, the actor has won the love of countless movie buffs thanks to his raw looks, charming personality, humble nature and sincere performances.
Over the years, he has delivered some rather well received performances and this has gone a long way in establishing him as a force to be reckoned with. At present, he is in the limelight thanks to his film Ghajinikanth which hit the screens yesterday (August 3, 2018) much to the delight of his fans. With the lively comedy playing in the theatres, here is a look at its opening day box office figures.
Day 1 Collections
According to a noted trade analyst, Ghajinikanth opened on a decent note at the Tamil Nadu box office and collected Rs 2.71 Crore on its opening day. The general feeling is that this figure is better than expected as Ghajinikanth has hit the screens alongside several other Tamil films.
The CBO Collections Are Decent
Ghajinikanth fared reasonably well at the Chennai box office and managed to collect Rs 0.39 Crore on day 1. It goes without saying that the figure would have been a lot better had the film managed to secure a solo release.
The WOM Is Not Favourale
The general feeling is that Ghajinikanth has an interesting plot which is let down by some sloppy writing. While Arya has impressed the critics with his lively performance, most of them are of the opinion that the film does not do justice to his abilities as an actor. As such, the WOM is not too positive. And, needless to say, this might take a toll on its box office performance in the coming days.
The Way Ahead..
The Kamal Haasan starrer Vishwaroopam 2 is slated to hit the screens on August 10, 2018. And, needless to say, there is a reasonable amount of buzz around it. As such, it might overshadow Ghajinikanth and prove to be a problem for it. In other words, Arya's film needs to do good business over the weekend in order to have any chance of emerging as a success.