TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
The handsome Arya is arguably one of the most talented and underrated young stars in the Tamil film industry today. During his reasonably eventful career, the actor has won the love of countless movie buffs thanks to his raw looks, charming personality, humble nature and sincere performances.
Over the years, he has delivered some rather well received performances and this has gone a long way in establishing him as a force to be reckoned with. At present, he is in the limelight thanks to his film Ghajinikanth which hit the screens yesterday (August 3, 2018) much to the delight of his fans. With the lively comedy playing in the theatres, here is a look at its opening day box office figures.
Day 1 Collections
According to a noted trade analyst, Ghajinikanth opened on a decent note at the Tamil Nadu box office and collected Rs 2.71 Crore on its opening day. The general feeling is that this figure is better than expected as Ghajinikanth has hit the screens alongside several other Tamil films.
The CBO Collections Are Decent
Ghajinikanth fared reasonably well at the Chennai box office and managed to collect Rs 0.39 Crore on day 1. It goes without saying that the figure would have been a lot better had the film managed to secure a solo release.
The WOM Is Not Favourale
The general feeling is that Ghajinikanth has an interesting plot which is let down by some sloppy writing. While Arya has impressed the critics with his lively performance, most of them are of the opinion that the film does not do justice to his abilities as an actor. As such, the WOM is not too positive. And, needless to say, this might take a toll on its box office performance in the coming days.
The Way Ahead..
The Kamal Haasan starrer Vishwaroopam 2 is slated to hit the screens on August 10, 2018. And, needless to say, there is a reasonable amount of buzz around it. As such, it might overshadow Ghajinikanth and prove to be a problem for it. In other words, Arya's film needs to do good business over the weekend in order to have any chance of emerging as a success.