TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The outspoken Anurag Kashyap is one of the most popular names in Bollywood today. The director enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his impressive body of work and love for raw and rustic stories. At present, he is in the limelight because of his latest release Imaikkaa Nodigal. The film features him in a negative role and marks his Kollywood debut. During a recent chat with a leading daily, the director revealed that he took up the film as his character is not that of a normal villain but a rather cunning one.
"What pulled me towards acting in Imaikkaa Nodigal is the role. Rudra is not your typical baddie. He doesn't just smoke, drink, order his men around and indulge in item numbers. He is menacing, scary, smart and cunning. This strange mixture that forms the role is what tempted me to take it up although I was tied up with my own projects back in Mumbai," said the Dev D director.
He added that he'll feel satisfied if the audience experiences some fear while watching him on the big screen.
"When the audiences watch the movie in theatre, if I'm able to evoke the tiniest of fears in them, as Rudra, I'll consider my work done," he added.
Interestingly, Anurag Kashyap is a big fan of Dhanush's work and liked his performance in Aadukulam. While speaking about the Maari actor, he said that he would love to cast him and Vijay Sethupathi in a film.
Well, needless to say, this statement is bound to create a great deal of buzz amongst the fans.
On a related note, Imaikkaa Nodigal hit the screens yesterday (August 30, 2018). However, because of some unexpected reasons, the shows could only start at night. The film features Nayanthara in the role of a gusty CBI officer. The supporting cast includes names such as Atharvaa and Raashi Khanna.