TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
The much-loved Vijay Sethupathi is arguably one of the most talented and popular stars in the Tamil film industry today. The dashing actor enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his desi looks, impressive body of work and versatility as a performer. Over the years, 'Makkal Selvan' has starred in several popular films and this has helped him find a firm footing in the industry. At present, he is in the limelight because of his latest film Junga.
The Gokul directorial hit the screens on July 27, 2018, and opened to a reasonably good response at the Chennai box office. While many thought that it would do well over the weekend and become a hit, the gangster-comedy flattered to deceive. Here's a look at its latest BO figures.
10 Days Gross Is Not Too Impressive
According to a noted trade analyst, Junga has collected Rs 3.07 Crore at the Chennai box office in 10 days. The film had collected close to Rs 1.9 Crore on the opening day itself, much to the delight of countless fans. As such, the trade buzz is that the 10-day gross could have been a lot higher. In other words, Junga collapsed after Day 1.
Did The Mixed WOM Affect Junga?
The general feeling is that Junga does not do justice to Vijay Sethupathi's abilities as an actor, as its screenplay and storyline are quite flawed. As such, the WOM is mixed. And, it seems, this was responsible for it under-performing on the weekends.
A Setback For Makkal Selvan?
Last year, Vijay Sethupathi became the talk of the town when he delivered a terrific performance in Vikram Vedha and left the fans asking for more. Many in the industry described Junga as a crucial release for Makkal Selvan, as it had the potential to establish him as a crowd puller. In light of these expectations, Junga's ordinary performance can be viewed as a setback for the actor.
The Way Ahead...
Vishwaroopam 2 is slated to hit the screens on August 10, 2018. It marks Kamal Haasan's return to the big screen after nearly three years and this has helped it generate a reasonable amount of buzz amongst the movie buffs. As such, it is likely to bring Junga's theatrical run to an end.