- Junga Box Office Collections (10 Days): Vijay Sethupathi's Film Fails To Live Up To The Expectations
- Junga Chennai Box Office Collections (3 Days): Vijay Sethupathi's Film Outperforms Mohini & Fallout
- Junga Review: Despite The Flaws, This Vijay Sethupathi Starrer Is An Afresh Entertainer!
- Junga Twitter Review: Here's what The Audiences Have To Say About The Vijay Sethupathi Movie!!
- With Junga Set To Release, Here's A Look At 5 Vijay Sethupathi Films That Are Too Good To Be Missed
- Why Nayanthara, Vijay Sethupathi & Others Skipped The 65th Filmfare Awards South 2018!
- With Junga Mania Setting In, Here's A Look At 5 Vijay Sethupathi Films We Are Dying To Watch
- Junga Trailer Review: Vijay Sethupathi Dazzles In Gangster Avatar
- Vijay Awards 2018: Nayanthara And Vijay Sethupathi Bag Top Honours
- Vijay Sethupathi Signed The Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film Without Listening To The Script
- Rajinikanth & Vijay Sethupathi To Share The Screen Space For The First Time!
- Vikram Vedha Remake: Shahrukh Khan Might Agree To Star But Wait There's Conditions Apply!
There's no denying the fact that the dashing Vijay Sethupathi is one of the most popular and versatile actors in the Tamil film industry today. Fondly referred to as 'Makkal Selvan', the actor is held in high regard thanks to his good looks, effective performances and humble nature. Over the years, he has also starred in several critically-acclaimed films and this has helped him become the choice of the common man. At present, he is in the limelight because of his film Junga, which hit the screens on July 27, 2018. The gangster-comedy opened on a decent note at the box office and managed to create a reasonable amount of buzz amongst the fans. As such, the initial feeling was that it would emerge as a commercial success. However, according to the latest estimates, it might not be able to live up to the expectations.
Week 1 Estimates
According to the latest trade estimates, Junga's worldwide 7-day gross is likely to be around Rs 17 Crore. The general feeling is that these figures are lower than expected.
Has Junga Done Well In Tamil Nadu?
Not surprisingly, Junga has done a decent business in the Tamil Nadu market. Its Week 1 gross at the Tamil Nadu box office is likely to be around Rs 12 Crore. The buzz is that the figure would have been a lot higher had Junga fared better during the weekend.
The WOM Is Mixed
The consensus is that Junga does not do justice to Vijay Setthupathi's abilities as an actor because the screenplay is not good enough. As such, the WOM is a bit mixed. And, needless to say, this might take a toll on its collections as it enters the second week.
Will Arya Spoil Vijay Sethupathi's Show?
The Arya starrer Ghajinikanth hit the screens today (August 3, 2018) and it is likely to do decent business over the weekend. Needless to say, this is going to have a negative impact on Junga. It will have to depend on Vijay Sethupathi's stardom in order to become a hit. One is likely to get a clearer picture about Junga's box office fate once the official figures are released.