TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
There's no denying the fact that the dashing Vijay Sethupathi is one of the most popular and versatile actors in the Tamil film industry today. Fondly referred to as 'Makkal Selvan', the actor is held in high regard thanks to his good looks, effective performances and humble nature. Over the years, he has also starred in several critically-acclaimed films and this has helped him become the choice of the common man. At present, he is in the limelight because of his film Junga, which hit the screens on July 27, 2018. The gangster-comedy opened on a decent note at the box office and managed to create a reasonable amount of buzz amongst the fans. As such, the initial feeling was that it would emerge as a commercial success. However, according to the latest estimates, it might not be able to live up to the expectations.
Week 1 Estimates
According to the latest trade estimates, Junga's worldwide 7-day gross is likely to be around Rs 17 Crore. The general feeling is that these figures are lower than expected.
Has Junga Done Well In Tamil Nadu?
Not surprisingly, Junga has done a decent business in the Tamil Nadu market. Its Week 1 gross at the Tamil Nadu box office is likely to be around Rs 12 Crore. The buzz is that the figure would have been a lot higher had Junga fared better during the weekend.
The WOM Is Mixed
The consensus is that Junga does not do justice to Vijay Setthupathi's abilities as an actor because the screenplay is not good enough. As such, the WOM is a bit mixed. And, needless to say, this might take a toll on its collections as it enters the second week.
Will Arya Spoil Vijay Sethupathi's Show?
The Arya starrer Ghajinikanth hit the screens today (August 3, 2018) and it is likely to do decent business over the weekend. Needless to say, this is going to have a negative impact on Junga. It will have to depend on Vijay Sethupathi's stardom in order to become a hit. One is likely to get a clearer picture about Junga's box office fate once the official figures are released.