- Vishwaroopam 2 Chennai Box Office Collections Day 1: Kamal Haasan’s Film Fails To Beat Kaala
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Collection: The Mammotty Starrer Has Overtaken Kaala
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Thaanaa Serndha Koottam To Kaala: Most Successful Tamil Films From The First Half Of 2018
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
- Kaala Box Office: Is The Rajinikanth Starrer A Hit Or A Flop?
- Kaala VS Race 3 Box Office Collections: Which Movie Won The Initial Battle?
- Kaala Box Office Collections: The Film Crosses Another Milestone!
- Kaala Box Office Collection Report: Registers a Strong Opening In Malaysia!
- Kaala Box Office Collection: What Was The Day 1 Collections Of The Movie In Kerala?
- Actress Easwari Rao Initially Thought She Would Play Rajinikanth's Mother In Kaala
- Kaala Actress Easwari Rao Has Acted In A Malayalam Film As Well!
Rajinikanth is the biggest and most revered name in Kollywood today. A seasoned performer, 'Thalaiva' enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his grand on-screen image and humble nature. In fact, it would not be wrong to say that this self-made star's fans consider him to be a demi-god.
At present, Rajini is in the limelight because of his latest release Kaala. The film is a gangster-drama and features the Superstar in the role of a don who fights for the rights of his people. Produced by actor Dhanush, it has been directed by Pa Ranjith and has strong political undertones.
Kaala hit the screens on June 7, 2018, and took the US box office by storm. It collected more than USD 450K on the first day itself. The impressive start lays the groundwork for an impressive first week. And, it seems that Kaala has lived up to the initial expectations. The film has fared well at the US box office much to the delight of the 'Thalaiva Army'.
With Thalaiva magic in full swing, here is a detailed look at the box office performance of Kaala.
After taking a strong start, Kaala remained the top pick of the movie buffs on weekdays and managed to collect USD 1.71 Million in six days.
Kaala Joins An Elite Club
Kaala's impressive performance has helped it become the third highest grossing Tamil film in the US market after Kabali and Enthiran. Kabali's Tamil and Telugu versions combined had grossed USD 4.1 Million while the Tamil version of Shankar's sci-fi thriller had collected nearly USD 1.5 Million at the US box office.
Positive WOM Seems To Have Done The Trick For Kaala
Kaala received good reviews from all quarters courtesy its massy yet relevant plot. As such, the WOM was quite favourable. And, this seems to have helped Kaala rake in the moolah on the weekdays as well.
The Road Ahead
Kaala's first week collections are likely to be around USD 2 Million. It will most probably remain the top pick of Kollywood fans over this weekend as well. However, the big Eid release Race 3 might eat into its collections and eventually prove to be a cause of concern for the makers.