- Best Tamil Films Of 2018: Kadaikutty Singam, Irumbu Thirai, Tik Tik Tik And Others
- 2.0: The Teaser Of Rajinikanth And Akshay Kumar’s Film To Be Released On This Date?
- Karthi Starrer Kadaikutty Singam Has Overtaken Rajinikanth's Kaala?
- Vishwaroopam 2 Chennai Box Office Collections Day 1: Kamal Haasan’s Film Fails To Beat Kaala
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Collection: The Mammotty Starrer Has Overtaken Kaala
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Thaanaa Serndha Koottam To Kaala: Most Successful Tamil Films From The First Half Of 2018
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
- Kaala Box Office: Is The Rajinikanth Starrer A Hit Or A Flop?
- Kaala VS Race 3 Box Office Collections: Which Movie Won The Initial Battle?
- Kaala Box Office Collections: The Film Crosses Another Milestone!
- Kaala Box Office Collection Report: Registers a Strong Opening In Malaysia!
The legendary Rajinikanth has been the biggest name in Tamil cinema for well over two decades. And, it seems that the frenzy surrounding K-town's undisputed 'Thalaiva' is unlikely to die down anytime soon. In an exciting development, the matinee idol's latest film Kaala has set the Chennai box office on fire and helped our Superstar reinvent himself.
Kaala, which is a Pa Ranith directorial, hit the screens on June 7, 2018, and got off to an enviable start at the box office. The gangster-drama grossed Rs 1.76 Crore on the opening day itself. In doing so, it dethroned Vijay starrer Mersal to become the king of the Chennai box office. Over the next two days, Kaala remained the top choice of the movie buffs and continued to rake in the moolah.
On Friday(June 8,2017), Kaala collected Rs 1.44 Crore and gave the 'Thalaiva Army' a reason to rejoice. The good start and Rajini's stardom helped the film collect a Rs 1.7 Crore on June 9 and take its total to Rs 4.9 Crore. Needless to say, the strong collections set the tone for Sunday and indicated that Kaala mania had gripped Chennai.
So, did Kaala deliver the goods on day 4 as well? Let's find out.
Day 4 Collections
Kaala collected nearly Rs 1.7 Crore on day 4 and remained the undisputed king of the BO. Its impressive performance on Sunday took its total collections to Rs 6.64 Crore.
Screen Count And Occupancy
According to a leading website, Kaala is being screened at 19 theatres across Chennai and the average occupancy was around the 90 percent mark, over the weekend.
A Positive WOM
The general feeling is that Kaala is a better film than Kabali and has a far more relatable plot. A vast section of the audience also feels that Kaala does justice to Rajini's on-screen image as it features several mass scenes. As such, the WOM was favourable and this helped it do good brisk business over the weekend.
Kaala Fares Better Than Kabali
Kabali had collected nearly Rs 3.82 Crore over the first weekend and become the toast of Kollywood. Kaala has managed to cruise past the figure and set a new benchmark. Its political undertones and the fact that it is set in Mumbai seem to have worked wonders for the film.
The Big Takeaway
Prior to its release, Kaala was embroiled in an ugly controversy because of Thalaiva's comment on the 'anti-Sterlite' protests. And, this had diluted the buzz around the film. g. However, its BO figures prove that Rajini is the first choice of the movie buffs in Chennai and nothing can change that. Enough said!