TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Former Tamil Nadu CM and DMK President Karunanidhi passed away on Tuesday (August 7, 2018), much the shock of his followers. The veteran politician was admitted to a noted hospital a few days ago because of ill health. He initially showed signs of improvement; however, his health deteriorated on Monday (August 6, 2018) and this led to his demise. Interestingly, a major controversy broke out soon after his death, when the AIDMK government refused to let the bereaved family bury the great leader at Marina. This decision irked several members of the film fraternity and they criticised the ruling government for indulging in such 'petty politics'.
Condemning the AIDMK government, actor Siddharth said that it must not resort to such petty politics and asked those in power to fulfil the bereaved family's wishes at the earliest.
Kamal Haasan Has Some Strong Words For The Government
Lashing out at the ruling state government, actor-turned-politician Kamal Haasan said that those who joined the AIDMK after the legendary MGR do not possess his virtues.
"When Anna was alive, it was Kalaignar and MGR as two brothers who worked hard to strengthen the party. It is only just that all three are allowed to rest nearby. It is sad, that people who came into the party after MGR do not possess that noble quality. Had MGR been alive and Kalaignar had passed away, MGR would have made Kalaignar to rest next to Anna," he added.
Rajinikanth Too Urges The Government To Reconsider The Decision
Actor-turned-politician Rajinikanth too requested the AIDMK government to allot burial space to Karunanidhi at the Marina and restore his honour. He added that all Tamils have tremendous respect for the former CM.
Reacting to the controversy, RJ Balaji asked the AIDMK government to behave sensibly and show some class.
"Its absolutely disgraceful to deny #Marina4Kalaignar . The man deserve this respect and more. Come on, This is not the time for pettiness and political rivalries. Show some class and sensiblity. #Reconsider," - (sic) he added.