- Best Tamil Films Of 2018: Kadaikutty Singam, Irumbu Thirai, Tik Tik Tik And Others
- Kolamaavu Kokila 3 Days Box Office Collections: Nayanthara's Film Has A Rocking First Weekend
- Kolamaavu Kokila: This Bollywood Director Is Keen To Watch Nayanthara’s Film
- Kolamaavu Kokila Box Office Collections (Day 1): Nayanthara’s Film Opens On A Terrific Note!
- Here's What Sivakarthikeyan Has To Say About Kolamaavu Kokila!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Week 1): Kamal Haasan's Film Set To Enter This Elite Club!
- Kolamaavu Kokila Box Office Preview: Nayanthara’s Film Set To Open On A Good Note!
- Thani Oruvan 2: Sayyeshaa Might Play The Female Lead In Jayam Ravi's Film; Deets Inside
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Box Office Collections (6 Days): Nayanthara's Film Is All Set To Become A Big Hit!
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Box Office Collections (4 Days): Nayanthara's Film Has An Awesome First Weekend
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Box Office Collections (2 Days): Nayanthara's Film Opens On A Terrific Note!
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Review: A Taut Thriller Backed By Solid Performances And A Refreshing Film-making!
Last year, the much-loved Nayanthara became the talk of the town when she delivered a rocking performance in Aramm and left the fans asking for more. Directed by Gopi Nainar, the social-drama featured her in the role of a collector and gave her ample scope to showcase her abilities as a performer. Produced by KJ Rajesh, the film did well at the box office and received rave reviews from all corners. Now, the 'Lady Superstar' is in the limelight because of her latest release Kolamaavu Kokila. The black comedy hit the screens on August 18, 2018, and opened to a good response at the box office, collecting more than Rs 1 Crore at the Chennai box office in the first three days.
After starting on a solid note, Kolamaavu Kokila did good business during the weekdays and raked in the moolah. Here's is a look at how the Nelson directorial fared over its second weekend.
Kolamaavu Kokila Has A Good Second Weekend!
According to the latest trade reports, Kolamaavu Kokila collected nearly Rs 1.04 Crore at the Chennai box office between Friday (August 24, 2018) and Sunday (August 26, 2018) and remained the top pick of the fans. Its total collections now stand at Rs 3.89 Crore.
A Big Win For Nayanthara!
Kolamaavu Kokila hit the screens exactly a week after Vishwaroopam 2. As such, many in the industry were of the opinion that Kamal Haasan's film would simply wipe out the Nayanthara starrer. However, Kolamaavu Kokila's impressive 10-day gross indicates that 'Thalaivi' has survived the Vishwaroopam 2 tsunami. And, needless to say, this is a big win for 'brand Nayanthara'.
The Positive WOM Did The Trick!
The general feeling is that Kolamaavu Kokila is a well-made film that features an engaging screenplay and some good performances. As such, the WOM is quite positive. This seems to have helped Kolamaavu Kokila stay stable on the weekdays. And, it goes without saying that the positive WOM is likely to go a long way in helping it in the days to come.
The Way Ahead...
Kolamaavu Kokila is likely to remain the top choice of a sizeable section of the audience this week as well. Nayanthara's other big release Imaikkaa Nodigal is slated to hit the screens this Thursday (August 30, 2018), and it might affect the collections of Kolamaavu Kokila. Either way, Nayan is going to emerge as a big winner when all is said and done. Enough said!