- Best Tamil Films Of 2018: Kadaikutty Singam, Irumbu Thirai, Tik Tik Tik And Others
- Kolamaavu Kokila 10 Days Box Office Collections: Nayanthara's Film Has A Good Second Weekend
- Kolamaavu Kokila 3 Days Box Office Collections: Nayanthara's Film Has A Rocking First Weekend
- Kolamaavu Kokila: This Bollywood Director Is Keen To Watch Nayanthara’s Film
- Here's What Sivakarthikeyan Has To Say About Kolamaavu Kokila!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Week 1): Kamal Haasan's Film Set To Enter This Elite Club!
- Kolamaavu Kokila Box Office Preview: Nayanthara’s Film Set To Open On A Good Note!
- Thani Oruvan 2: Sayyeshaa Might Play The Female Lead In Jayam Ravi's Film; Deets Inside
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Box Office Collections (6 Days): Nayanthara's Film Is All Set To Become A Big Hit!
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Box Office Collections (4 Days): Nayanthara's Film Has An Awesome First Weekend
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Box Office Collections (2 Days): Nayanthara's Film Opens On A Terrific Note!
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Review: A Taut Thriller Backed By Solid Performances And A Refreshing Film-making!
Last year, the lovely Nayanthara became the talk of the town when she delivered a rocking performance in Aramm and left the fans asking for more. In the social drama, 'Thalaivi' essayed the role of an IAS officer and did full justice to it. Directed by Gopi Nainar, the film did exceptionally well at the box office and impressed the critics. Now, a year later, Nayanthara is in the limelight because of her latest film Kolamaavu Kokila. The dark comedy hit the screens on Friday (August 17, 2018) and it seems to have set the box office on fire. Here's the detailed report.
A Terrific Start!
According to the latest reports, Kolamaavu Kokila opened on a terrific note and collected Rs 3.47 Crore at the box office. This is an all-time best for female-centric films in Kollywood. Needless to say, this is some terrific news and proves that she is a ‘Lady Superstar' in the truest sense
Nayanthara Fever Grips Chennai
Kolamaavu Kokila seems to have taken a strong start at the Chennai box office as well. It's collected Rs 43 Lakh at the CBO on the opening day itself. Aramm had collected nearly Rs 1 Crore in three days and emerged as a big winner. As per the early reports, Kolamaavu Kokila is all set to outperform Aramm at the CBO
Kolamaavu Kokila Survives The Vishwaroopam 2 Challenge!
Many in the industry had initially felt that Vishwaroopam 2 would affect Nayanthara's film. However, judging by the initial figures, this has not happened and Kolamaavu Kokila has clicked with the target audience.
The WOM Is Positive
The general feeling is that Kolamaavu Kokila is a pretty solid film and it does full justice to Nayanthara's abilities as an actress. As such, the WOM is quite positive and this is bound to help the film over the weekend
The Way Ahead...
Kolamaavu Kokila is expected to do well at the box office over the weekend. If it manages to hold well on the weekdays as well, it might emerge as the biggest solo hit of Nayanthara's career. Enough said!