- Best Tamil Films Of 2018: Kadaikutty Singam, Irumbu Thirai, Tik Tik Tik And Others
- Kolamaavu Kokila 10 Days Box Office Collections: Nayanthara's Film Has A Good Second Weekend
- Kolamaavu Kokila 3 Days Box Office Collections: Nayanthara's Film Has A Rocking First Weekend
- Kolamaavu Kokila Box Office Collections (Day 1): Nayanthara’s Film Opens On A Terrific Note!
- Here's What Sivakarthikeyan Has To Say About Kolamaavu Kokila!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Week 1): Kamal Haasan's Film Set To Enter This Elite Club!
The lovely Nayanthara is beyond any doubt one of the biggest and most celebrated names in Tamil cinema today. Fondly called 'Thalaivi', the actress enjoys a strong fan following thanks to her impressive versatility as an actress, good looks and elegant personality. In the recent years, she has starred in some highly successful female-centric films and has established herself as a bona fide 'Lady Superstar'. At present, she is in the limelight because of her film Kolamaavu Kokila, which hit the screens on Friday (August 17, 2018) and opened to a fabulous response at the box office.
The film has created a great deal of buzz amongst the fans and now it seems to have the attention of a noted Bollywood director. The noted film-maker Karan Johar just took to Twitter and stated that he is quite excited about Kolamaavu Kokila and added that he wants to watch it at the earliest.
This is quite a sweet gesture on KJo's part and it proves that good cinema can break the language barrier, It also bears testimony to Nayan's growing popularity.
In case you did not know, Kolamaavu Kokila is a black-comedy and has been directed by Nelson. In it, Nayanthara plays the role of an innocent girl who ends up becoming a drug peddler. It also features actor Yogi Babu in the lead.
Kolamaavu Kokila has received largely favourable reviews thanks to its effective screenplay, and this has helped it set the box office on fire. It collected Rs 43 Lakh at the Chennai BO on the opening day itself and created a record. It is likely to do well during the weekdays as well.