- Junga Chennai Box Office Collections (3 Days): Vijay Sethupathi's Film Outperforms Mohini & Fallout
- Mohini Review: Trisha Comes Up With A Stellar Performance In This Watchable Flick!
- Mohini Twitter Review: LIVE Updates On Trisha’s Latest Film
- Trisha’s Mohini To Hit The Screens On This Date!
- With 96 Creating A Buzz, Here's A Look At Upcoming Trisha Starrers We Are Dying To Watch
- List Of Actresses Launched By Dr Rajkumar's Banner
- Films with big stars mattered: Sada
- Trisha To Work With Superstar Rajinikanth For The First Time?
- Dulquer Salmaan, Trisha, Manju Warrier, Tovino Thomas And Parvathy In A Single Frame!
- Hey Jude Box Office: Hits A Half Century At The Theatres!
- Hey Jude Movie Review: An Endearing Film With Laudable Performances!
- #SuchiLeaks! This Is What Sanchita Shetty, Parvathy Nair And Others Have To Say!
There's no denying that the lovely Trisha is one of the biggest and most talented actresses in the Tamil film industry today. The star enjoys a strong fan following thanks to her sincere performances, good looks and versatility as an actor. Over the years, she has starred in quite a few successful films and this has established her as a bona fide 'Lady Superstar'. Now, she is in the limelight for a surprising reason. Her latest film Mohini, which hit the screens on July 27, 2018, has not been able to live up to the expectations. Here is a detailed look at the film's performance at the Chennai box office.
The First Weekend Wasn't Too Good
According to a leading website, Mohini managed to collect nearly Rs 49 Lakh at the Chennai Box office in 3 days. The figures for Monday (July 30, 2018) are not out yet; however, they might be lower than expected, as it was a working day. The general feeling is that Mohini's collections are strictly okay.
Mohini Is No Aramm!
Mohini's first weekend collections are lower than that of Aramm. According to a leading website, the Nayanthara starrer had collected more than Rs 1 Crore at the CBO over the first weekend. Similarly, Anushka Shetty's Bhaagamathie had collected around Rs 1.4 Crore over the opening weekend. Needless to say, this is a cause of worry for the makers of Mohini.
The WOM Is Negative
The general feeling is that Mohini is not a very good film and features a weak screenplay. Some fans have even said that Trisha's performance is the only saving grace of an otherwise mundane film. As such, the WOM is quite unfavourable. And, needless to say, this might create a problem for the film in the days to come.
Ghajinikanth Might Spell Trouble For Mohini
The Arya starrer Ghajinikanth is set to hit the screens on August 3, 2018. The film is a light-hearted comedy and has created a decent amount of buzz amongst the fans. It is likely to click with the younger generation. As such, Ghajinikanth might spell trouble for Mohini. Either way, the next few days are going to be crucial for Trisha's film and might decide its fate.