TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
In 2013, actress Pooja Kumar rose to prominence when she acted opposite veteran actor-director Kamal Haasan in Vishwaroopam. In the spy-thriller, she played the Ulaga Nayagan's on-screen wife and impressed the fans with her sincere performance. The film did reasonably well at the box office despite facing a severe opposition from a certain section of our society. Now, five years later, the American actress is gearing up for the release of Vishwaroopam 2. And, needless to say, she is quite excited about working with Kamal again.
During a recent interview with a leading website, Pooja said that she really enjoyed doing her own stunts in the film.
"In the film, I've done my own stunts - there's one scene where Kamal sir and I defuse bombs and engage in a gun battle - all underwater. I don't think any Indian actress has done her own underwater stunts. I've kind of become a pioneer in that and that's something different I bring to the table," she added.
Speaking about working with Kamal, the actress said that Kamal is like a 'magician' and has given a lot to the film industry because of his impressive body of work.
"I like how he finds a balance in everything that he does. He's like a magician and you want to see every act he has for us. You really can't pick a best one. I think what he has given to cinema and the industry as an individual is much more than what he's achieved in any particular role," added Pooja.
The star also said that working with Kamal has helped her evolve as a performer.
"Each film I do changes me in a profound way. The memory of shooting both the parts of Vishwaroopam still remains fresh. It's been five years since the first part released, but it just feels like yesterday. When I look back, I realised I've grown exponentially as an actor, thanks to the immense learning and working with Kamal sir," added the actress.
Well, we wish Pooja good luck for Vishwaroopam 2 and hope that the spy-thriller opens to a good response at the box office this Friday (August 10, 2018).