TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The iconic Rajinikanth is beyond any doubt one of the biggest and most revered stars in the Tamil film industry. Fondly called 'Thalaiva', he enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his simple nature, charming personality and remarkable versatility as an actor. Over the years, he has given Tamil cinema some of its biggest hits and this has established him as the heart and soul of the industry. Now, here is some awesome news for the Thalaiva Army.
In an exciting development, the motion poster and of his film with director Karthik Subbaraj has been released and it is quite good. In it, the Superstar can be seen in a stylish avatar that he carries off like a boss. The motion poster also confirms that the film is titled Petta. The massy title suggests that the film mis doing to be one engaging watch.
Karthik Subbaraj's film is touted to be a comedy-drama and will see Rajini essay the role of a warden. It also features Vijay Sethupathi, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Trisha in the lead. Some time ago, the director had revealed that the film does not have anything to do with politics.
Thalaivar 165 is #Petta— Sun Pictures (@sunpictures) September 7, 2018
Click here to watch the Motion Poster of #Petta : https://t.co/2YkjN4PYcs
@rajinikanth @karthiksubbaraj @anirudhofficial #VijaySethupathi @trishtrashers @SimranbaggaOffc @Nawazuddin_S @DOP_Tirru@sureshsrajan @PeterHeinOffl
"I'm aware Rajini sir has been doing political films lately. But my film with him would have nothing to do with politics. It would be a light-hearted film," he had told a leading website.
The film is slated to hit the screens in 2019.
On a related note, this is a busy time for Rajinikanth. He also has 2.0 in his kitty. The film is a sci-fi thriller and has been directed by Shankar. In it, Rajini will be seen alongside Amy Jackson and Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar. 2.0 is slated to hit the screens on November 29,2018.