TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Telangana Elections: Restrictions Imposed On Campaign Time In Naxal Belts
- Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone: Best Tariff Plans Under Rs 200
- Road Rage In India: Video Of A Man On Top Of A Running Car Becomes Viral!
- DeepVeer's Mumbai Wedding Reception Will Be A Grand Affair
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- India vs West Indies: The Five Key Takeaways
The iconic Rajinikanth is one of the most popular and successful stars in the Tamil film industry today. He enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his dashing screen presence, versatility as an actor, humble nature and charming personality. At present, he is in the limelight because of his upcoming film Petta. The film is a Karthik Subbaraj directorial and it is slated to hit the screens next year during the festive season of Sankranthi.
Petta is likely to get a good and wide release in Tamil Nadu becuse of Rajinikanth's star power. However, it is struggling to get screens in the Telugu states. Three big films(The NTR biopic, F2 and Ram Charan's next) are slated to release around the same time. And, as Petta is helmed by a new director, it isn't exactly hot property.
The dismal performance of Kaala in the AP and TS reason too might be one of the main reasons behind the lukewarm response to Petta. This is an unexpected situation and it will be worth watching how the makers resolve this issue.
Petta is a lively-drama and it features Trisha and Simran as the female leads. The supporting cast features names such as the Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui and 'Makkal Selvan' Vijay Sethupathi.