TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
A few days ago, the noted singer/dubbing artiste Chinmayi claimed that the legendary poet Vairamuthu had once sexually harassed one of her friends. She also shared screenshots of a few messages her friend had sent her about the veteran lyricist. Post this, Chinmayi shared her own experience with Vairamuthu and revealed that the lyricist had threatened to end her career when she refused to sing for him. These incidents left everyone in a state of shock and proved that the Tamil film industry is no exception to harassment in the workplace.
Now, actress Rakul Preet has commented on the #MeToo movement and workplace harassment. In a passionate tweet, the Theeran actress said that she is 'extremely disturbed' by all the incidents that have come to light of late. She also added that she has great respect for those women who have supported/joined the #MeToo movement.
"Extremely disturbed by the incidents coming out. It takes immense courage to speak up and I support all the women who have come ahead and shared the horrible experiences they have had to go through! So glad that everyone is standing united ! More power to all! #MeToo," she added.
In case you did not know, as part of the #MeToo movement, several women are naming and shaming predators. So far, the likes of Vairamuthu, Radha Ravi and the Kaala villain Nana Patekar have felt the wrath of the movement.