TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Last year, the dashing Vijay became the talk of the town for all the right reasons when his film Mersal opened to an enviable response at the ticket window and received rave reviews from the target audience. Directed by Atlee, it featured 'Thalapathy' in a triple role and turned out to be a good Diwali gift for the movie buffs. The film also upset th BJP because of a scene that ridiculed GST. And, as expected, this added to the buzz surrounding the mass entertainer.
At present, he is in the limelight because of his latest release Sarkar. The ;political-thriller hit the screens on November 6, 2018 and it has opened to a thunderous response at the Chennai box office. Here is the complete report.
Day 1 Collections
According to the latest reports, Sarkar raked in nearly Rs 2.37 Crore at the Chennai box office on Day 1 and opened on an enviable note. The film seems to have benefited big time from the Diwali holiday.
Sarkar Beats Kaala
Sarkar has outperformed the Kaala and Vishwaroopam 2. The Rajinikanth starrer had collected nearly Rs 1.77 Crore on the opening day and beaten Mersal. On the other hand, Kamal Haasan's spy-thriller had collected Rs 92 Lakh on Day 1 despite releasing days after M Karunanidhi's death. This is quite a feat and it proves that ‘Thalapathy' is the choice of the common man.
The WOM Is Mixed
The general feeling is that Sarkar is a pretty good that does full justice to Vijay's mass hero image. The film has also received praise for dealing with several burning political issues. However, at the same time, some critics have also pointed out that Sarkar is not as good as Kaththi and Thuppaki. As such, the WOM is a bit mixed. And, this might affect the film in the days to come.
The Way Ahead...
Sarkar is set to have a free run over the weekend and rake in plenty of moolah. All in, one can expect the film to shatter a few more records in the coming days. Vijay mania is upon us. Enough said!