TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
It is an open secret that the much-loved Vijay is one of thje biggest and most popular stars in the Tamil film industry today. Kollwood's resident 'Thalapathy' enjoys a strong fan following courtesy his versatility as a performer, remarkable screen presence and humble nature. During his career, he has starred in several popular films and this has helped him become the pride of Kollywood. At present, he is in the limelight because of his latest release Sarkar.
The political-thriller hit the screens on November 6, 2018 and opened to a solid response at the Chennai box office. It collected nearly Rs 4.69 Crore in 2 days and emerged as the king of the box office. On Thursday(November 8, 2018), it slowed down a bit. Here's the complete update.
Day 3 Collections
As per the latest trade estimates, Sarkar witnessed a noticeable drop in the collections on Thursday and raked in nearly Rs 1.28 Crore at the Chennai box office. Despite being lower than the collections for Wednesday(November 7, 2018), this is still quite a healthy figure and it bears testimony to Vijay's star power.
A Cause Of Worry?
Sarkar features a few scenes that have not gone down well with the AIADMK government. Similarly, the decision to name Varu Sarathkumar's character Komalavalli has upset Jayalalithaa's supporters as this was the late CM's original name. Keeping in mind these issues and fearing a law and order situation, several theatre owners cancelled the night shows and this affected the Day 3 collections. Moreover, as Thursday was a working day, the drop isn't a cause for concern.
The WOM Is Decent
The general feeling is that Sarkar is a paisa vasool affair that does full justice to Vijay's larger-than-life on-screen image. The film has also received praise for touching upon several important political issues. However, at the same time, some critics have pointed out that Sarkar is not as good as Vijay-ARM's previous films. As such, the WOM is decent but not outstanding . And, this could affect the film in the near future.
The Way Ahead...
Sarkar is likely to pick up over the weekend and absolute crush all competition. As such, one can expect it to shatter several records and become a big hit.