TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
The charming Vijay is one of the biggest and most popular stars in the Tamil film industry today. At present, 'Thalapathy' is gearing up for the release of Sarkar. The film is a political thriller and features the star in the role of a tycoon. Even though the film has already created a great deal of buzz amongst the fans, it might not be able to get as many screens in Tamil Nadu as expected. As it so happens, the theatre owners and distributors are currently embroiled in a heated discussion over revenue sharing
As part of the revenue sharing agreement, the distributors want 90 per cent of the revenue collected. And, as expected, this has not gone down well with the theatre owners. If the deadlock continues, Sarkar might lose out on a significant number of screens.
In fact, the buzz is that Sarkar might release on around 500 to 550 screens in Tamil Nadu. If this happens, it will not be able to beat the screen count of Mersal.
Interestingly, according to a trade analyst, Sarkar might not even have an early morning show in Tamil Nadu, as the TN government has refused to grant permission for the 4:30 AM show. These developments are bound to act as a mood dampener for the 'Thalapathy Army'.
Sarkar has been directed by AR Murugadoss and it also features Varu Sarathkumar-Keerthy Suresh in the lead. The film will hit the screens on November 6, 2018.