TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Vijay is arguably one of the most celebrated stars in the Tamil film industry today. At present, he is in the limelight because of his latest release Sarkar. The film is a political-thriller and it hit the screens on November 6, 2018 amidst much fanfare. As expected, the film opened on a terrific note at the Chennai box office and beat Kaala. Sarkar also impressed Vijay's fans courtesy the solid presentation. Now, the film, is in the limelight for a shocking reason.
In the latest development, Sarkar seems to have upset Jayalalithaa's supporters in a big way. Varalaxmi Sarathkumar plays a character named Komalavalli in Sarkar. And, needless to say, the character is a negative one.
As it so happens, Jayalalitha was named Komalavalli shortly after her birth. As such, her supporters feel that Vararalaxmi's character is based on the late CM and they are upset about the same. All in, Sarkar has managed to ruffle a few feathers within days of its release. Following the backlash,the makers have agreed to mute all references to the character's name and also remove a few controversial scenes.
In case you did not know, Sarkar features Vijay in the role of a business tycoon who returns to India to cast his vote but fails to do so because of a fraud. Besides 'Thalapathy' and Varalaxmi, it also features Keerthy Suresh in the lead.