TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
There's no denying the fact that Vijay is one of the most talented and charismatic stars in Kollywood today. The charming actor enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his good looks, gripping screen presence, elegant personality and warm nature. Over the years, he has starred in quite a few blockbusters and this has made him the undisputed king of the box office.
Now, here is some awesome news for his die-hard fans. In an exciting development, his much-loved Mersal is all set to release in China. It will hit the screens either later this year or in 2019.
In case you did not know, Mersal was an action-drama and featured our 'Thalapathy' in triple roles. Directed by the Theri director Atlee, it emerged as a big winner at the box office and clicked with Vijay's die-hard fans. It also featured Samantha Akkineni and Kajal Aggarwal in the lead. The supporting cast featured names such as Nithya Menen and SJ Suryah.
Upon its release, it ran in to trouble with the BJP because of a dialogue that made fun of the central government's GST scheme. However, at the same time, it received support from the likes of Rajiinikanth and Kamal Haasan. It'll be worth watching whether it becomes a sensation in China or not.
On a related note, Vijay is currently working on Sarkar. The film is a political-thriller and is being helmed by ace film-maker AR Mrugadoss. The film is slated to hit the screens this Deepavali and might clash at the box office with Suriya's NGK.
Some time ago, the director had said that Sarkar is going to feature in a new avatar and highlight an unknown side of his on-screen personality.
"While doing Thuppakki, there was a bit of fear because I was making a film with a huge mass hero. With Kaththi, the fear was about matching up to the previous film. Now, it is all about what we can do that will be new? There is pressure, but I consider it as a challenge. It will be an unusual project and I want to show an unknown side of Vijay sir with this film," he had told a leading daily.
Sarkar also features Keerthy Suresh and Varalaxmi Sarathkumar in the lead.