- M Karunanidhi Death: Kollywood Pays Tribute To ‘Kalaignar’
- Sri Reddy About The 'Blackmail' Allegations: I Feel Like Committing Suicide
- Vishal Confirms Irumbu Thirai 2 Post The Film’s Success
- Vishal Comes To Nani's Rescue And Tells Sri Reddy To Provide Evidence
- WOW! This Kunchacko Boban Starrer To Get A Tamil Remake?
- Malayalam Movies 2017 Round-up: Other Language Actors Who Made Their Debut In Mollywood!
- Ashok Kumar's Death: Kollywood In A State Of Shock!
- Villain Movie Review: Mohanlal, The Actor Is Back..!!
- Villain: Here's Everything You Want To Know About Manju Warrier's Role
- Good News For Tamil Cinema; Fans Regulations For Theatres
- Villain Gets UAE & GCC Release Date!
- Mohanlal's Villain Bags A Clean U!
Vishal is one of the most intelligent actors in Tamil cinema. Over the years, he has been a part of a good number of commercial movies and even while remaining in the limit of that spectrum, he has made it a point to make many of his characters worth remembering.
Image Courtesy: Facebook Page Of Vishal
Most recently, we saw him in the film Irumbu Thirai, and the actor was spot on with the portrayal of a character named Kathiravan, who is pushed into a helpless situation. Similarly, there have been other movies through which Vishal has proved that he is an intelligent actor. Today (August 29, 2018), on the occasion of his birthday, we take you through 5 such movies of Vishal.
This one has to be the pick among the lot and Vishal's performance in the film would definitely rank at the top in the best works of the actor so far. In the film, directed by Bala, Vishal portrayed the role of a character named Walter Vanangamudi, a person with a slight effeminate touch and his show-stealing performance in the film was one of the major highlights of the film.
Paandiya Nadu is one of the most acclaimed movies, both critically and commercially, in the acting career of Vishal so far. In the film, directed by Sussenthiran, Vishal portrayed the role of a normal youngster, who gets into a tussle with a mafia gang. Vishal went on to portray the innocence as well as the controlled rage of the character 'Shivakumar' with perfection.
Naan Sigappu Manithan
Naan Sigappu Manithan, directed by Thirru, featured Vishal in the role of a youngster, who suffers from a disease called Narcolepsy, which pushes him down to sleep whenever an extreme emotion hits his mind. The vulnerability of the disease as well as the helplessness of the character was so well portrayed by Vishal in this film, which was in the lines of a revenge thriller.
Thupparivalan saw Vishal teaming up with director Mysskin for the first time and the actor completely transformed into the skin of the detective, who has a slightly eccentric approach in his way of investigations. Vishal was in top form as detective Kaniyan Poongundran and Vishal's expertise in doing the scintillating action sequences was shown in a different level in this movie.
Well, Vishal's performance in Sandakozhi deserves a special place in this list. Sandakozhi was a proper out-and-out commercial entertainer and more importantly, the film was just the second film in the acting career of Vishal. In his second movie as a lead hero, Vishal came up with a fiery performance that lifted him to the star status.