- Seema Raja Box Office 1st Day Collections: Sivakarthikeyan's Film Opens Well; Beats Vishwaroopam 2
- Vishwaroopam 2 Final Box Office Collections: Kamal Haasan's Film Proves To Be A Big Dud
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (19 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Witnesses A Huge Drop Again
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (17 Days):Kamal Haasan's Film Shows Growth Over The Weekend
- Vishwaroopam 2 14 Days Box Office Collections Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Has A Terrible Second Week
- Vishwaroopam 2 11 Days Box Office Collection Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Runs Out Of Steam!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Week 1): Kamal Haasan's Film Set To Enter This Elite Club!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (6 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Reaches An Important Milestone!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (Day 4): Kamal Haasan's Film Is Unstoppable!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Tamil Nadu Box Office Collections 3 Days: Kamal Haasan's Film Reigns Supreme!
- Andrea Jeremiah Comments On The Casting Couch Row, Backs Sri Reddy
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
In 2013, noted actor-director Kamal Haasan gave proof of his abilities as a performer when Vishwaroopam opened to a good response at the box office despite facing opposition from a certain section of our society. Directed by the 'Ulaga Nayagan' himself, the spy-thriller revolved around the issue of terrorism and clicked because of its effective execution. The film's sequel Vishwaroopam 2 hit the screens on August 10, 2018, and opened to a good response at the Chennai box office. It collected Rs 92 Lakh on Day 1 and remained the choice of the audience in Week 1. However, it collapsed in the second week.
Things went from bad to worse in the following days. Here's a look at its latest box office figures.
The Decline Continues
According to the latest reports, Vishwaroopam 2 collected nearly Rs 1 Lakh at the Chennai box office on Wednesday (August 29, 2018) and continued to show a decline. It had collected Rs 2 Lakh at the CBO on Tuesday (August 28, 2018). Its total collections are around the Rs 6-crore mark.
The latest figures and trends indicate that Vishwaroopam 2's BO run is coming to an end. The film has been on a downward spiral since the release of Kolamaavu Kokila on August 17, 2018. And, it seems that it's now on its last legs.
What Went Wrong?
Vishwaroopam 2 opened on a good note thanks to Kamal's stardom. However, it never really clicked with the fans. As a result, the WOM was negative and this practically wrecked it once the initial euphoria died down. The exceptional performance of Kolamaavu Kokila too proved to be a problem for it.
The Way Ahead!
Vishwaroopam 2 is one of Kamal's biggest films in the recent times. Its underwhelming performance is a big setback for the Hey Ram actor. Some trade experts even feel that the debacle might affect Indian 2. However, as things stand, it is still on and will most probably take off in December, 2018. It will be worth watching whether Indian 2 helps him bounce back or not.