- Seema Raja Box Office 1st Day Collections: Sivakarthikeyan's Film Opens Well; Beats Vishwaroopam 2
- Vishwaroopam 2 Final Box Office Collections: Kamal Haasan's Film Proves To Be A Big Dud
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (20 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Is On Its Last Legs
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (19 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Witnesses A Huge Drop Again
- Vishwaroopam 2 14 Days Box Office Collections Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Has A Terrible Second Week
- Vishwaroopam 2 11 Days Box Office Collection Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Runs Out Of Steam!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Week 1): Kamal Haasan's Film Set To Enter This Elite Club!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (6 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Reaches An Important Milestone!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (Day 4): Kamal Haasan's Film Is Unstoppable!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Tamil Nadu Box Office Collections 3 Days: Kamal Haasan's Film Reigns Supreme!
- Andrea Jeremiah Comments On The Casting Couch Row, Backs Sri Reddy
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
The legendary Kamal Haasan is beyond any doubt one of the biggest names in the Tamil film industry today. Fondly called 'Ulaga Nayagan', the veteran actor-director enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his good looks, charismatic personality, bold nature and remarkable versatility as an actor. Over the years, he has acted in quite a few hard-hitting films and this has proved that he is an actor par excellence. At present, he is in the limelight because of his latest film Vishwaroopam 2.
The spy-thriller hit the screens on August 10, 2018, and opened to a thunderous response at the Chennai box office and had a good first week. However, it collapsed in the second week and this left Kamal fans in a state of shock. With Vishwaroopam 2 on the verge of completing three weeks in the theatres, here is a look at its latest box office figures.
Day 17 Collections
According to the latest trade estimates, Vishwaroopam 2 collected nearly Rs 8 Lakh at the Chennai box office on Sunday (August 26, 2018) and showed some signs of improvement. Its total collections are now around the Rs 6 Crore mark.
Is There Still Hope For Vishwaroopam 2?
While the growth in collections is a positive sign, it is unlikely to help Vishwaroopam 2 cover lost ground. Films normally show a growth in business over the weekend. And, this is exactly what seems to have helped Vishwaroopam 2. The growth is quite ordinary and along expected lines.
The WOM Is Mixed!
Vishwaroopam 2 has been shot against a relatively high budget and hence needs a long run at the box office in order to be a success. The less-than-stellar collections as well as the mixed WOM indicates that the film is no longer the king of box office. And, this means that it is unlikely to emerge as a big winner at the ticket window.
End Of The Road?
Nayanthara's Imaikkaa Nodigal is set to hit the screens this Thursday (August 30, 2018) and it is likely to slow down Vishwaroopam 2 even further. As such, the general feeling is that the film's box office run is going to be coming to an end pretty soon.