- Seema Raja Box Office 1st Day Collections: Sivakarthikeyan's Film Opens Well; Beats Vishwaroopam 2
- Vishwaroopam 2 Final Box Office Collections: Kamal Haasan's Film Proves To Be A Big Dud
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (20 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Is On Its Last Legs
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (17 Days):Kamal Haasan's Film Shows Growth Over The Weekend
- Vishwaroopam 2 14 Days Box Office Collections Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Has A Terrible Second Week
- Vishwaroopam 2 11 Days Box Office Collection Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Runs Out Of Steam!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Week 1): Kamal Haasan's Film Set To Enter This Elite Club!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (6 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Reaches An Important Milestone!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (Day 4): Kamal Haasan's Film Is Unstoppable!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Tamil Nadu Box Office Collections 3 Days: Kamal Haasan's Film Reigns Supreme!
- Andrea Jeremiah Comments On The Casting Couch Row, Backs Sri Reddy
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
There's no denying the fact that Kamal Haasan is one of the most popular and respected names in the Tamil film industry today. Fondly referred to as 'Ulaga Nayagan', the veteran actor-director enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his bold nature, impressive body of work, charming personality and versatility as a performer. Over the years, he has starred in quite a few revolutionary films and this has established him as a force to be reckoned with. At present, he is in the limelight because of Vishwaroopam 2.
The spy-thriller hit the screens on August 10, 2018, and opened to a phenomenal response at the Chennai box office. It collected Rs 92 Lakh on the opening day itself. Thereafter, it remained the top choice of the audience in Week 1. However, it completely collapsed in Week 2. Things went from bad to worse in Week 3. With Vishwaroopam 2 set for its fourth weekend, here is a look at its latest box office figures.
A Huge Drop
According to the latest trade estimates, Vishwaroopam 2 collected only Rs 2 Lakh at the Chennai box office on Tuesday (August 28, 2018). Its total collections at the CBO are around the Rs 6-crore mark.
Vishwaroopam 2 Is No Longer The Choice Of The Audience!
Vishwaroopam 2 had shown some growth in business during its third weekend and collected Rs 8 Lakh on Sunday (August 26, 2018). This had led to speculation of it showing signs of revival. However, the latest figures clearly indicate that such speculation was incorrect. The film is no longer the top choice of the audience.
The Big Takeaway!
The Vishwaroopam 2 debacle indicates that in today's day and age quality and not star power is the key to commercial success. The film opened on a good note courtesy Kamal's star power. However, the unfavourable WOM soon caught up with it and wrecked it completely.
hat's Next For Kamal?
This is a huge setback for Kamal. Vishwaroopam 2's underwhelming performance is bound to have a negative impact on his standing in the industry. However, the damage can be repaired if his next big film Indian 2 emerges as a commercial success.