- Seema Raja Box Office 1st Day Collections: Sivakarthikeyan's Film Opens Well; Beats Vishwaroopam 2
- Vishwaroopam 2 Final Box Office Collections: Kamal Haasan's Film Proves To Be A Big Dud
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (20 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Is On Its Last Legs
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (19 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Witnesses A Huge Drop Again
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (17 Days):Kamal Haasan's Film Shows Growth Over The Weekend
- Vishwaroopam 2 14 Days Box Office Collections Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Has A Terrible Second Week
- Vishwaroopam 2 11 Days Box Office Collection Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Runs Out Of Steam!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Week 1): Kamal Haasan's Film Set To Enter This Elite Club!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (Day 4): Kamal Haasan's Film Is Unstoppable!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Tamil Nadu Box Office Collections 3 Days: Kamal Haasan's Film Reigns Supreme!
- Andrea Jeremiah Comments On The Casting Couch Row, Backs Sri Reddy
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
There's no denying the fact that Kamal Haasan is one of the most popular and respected actors in Tamil cinema today. Fondly referred to as 'Ulaga Nayagan', the veteran actor-director enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his remarkable versatility, dashing personality, outspoken nature and charming screen presence. Over the years, he has starred in some of Tamil cinema's biggest classics and this has established him as a force to be reckoned with. At present, he is in the limelight because of his latest film Vishwaroopam 2. The spy-thriller hit the screens on August 10, 2018, and opened to a good response at the Chennai box office. Nearly a week later, it's still the undisputed king of the Chennai box office.
Vishwaroopam 2 Joins An Elite Club!
According to a noted trade analyst, Vishwaroopam 2 has crossed the Rs 4-Crore mark at the Chennai box office in 6 days flat. Its total collections currently stand at Rs 4.48 Crore. Needless to say, this is quite an achievement and it proves that Kamal is still the king of the box office.
Will It Emerge As A Commercial Success?
Vishwaroopam 2 has been shot against a relatively high budget and is one of the most ambitious films of Kamal's career. It needs to have a long run at the box office in order to ultimately emerge as a commercial success.
Will The Mixed WOM Slow Down Vishwaroopam 2?
The consensus is that Vishwaroopam 2 has its moments; however, it does not live up to the standards set by the first part. Moreover, the abrupt climax too has not gone down well with a vast chunk of the audience. As such, the WOM is mixed. It will be worth watching if this stunts the film's performance in Week 2 or not.
The Way Ahead...
Nayanthara's eagerly-awaited Kolamaavu Kokila is set to hit the screens tomorrow (August 17, 2018). The 'Lady Superstar' has slowly but surely established herself as one of the most bankable actresses in the industry. And, as a result, the film has created a lot of buzz amongst the movie buffs. It'll be worth watching if it slows down Vishwaroopam 2 or not.