- Vishwaroopam 2 Tamil Nadu Box Office Collections 3 Days: Kamal Haasan's Film Reigns Supreme!
- Andrea Jeremiah Comments On The Casting Couch Row, Backs Sri Reddy
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Chennai Box Office Collections Day 1: Kamal Haasan’s Film Fails To Beat Kaala
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Day 1: How Well Did The Movie Perform At The Kochi Multiplexes!
- Vishwaroopam 2: Andrea Jeremiah Did Not Get Intimidated By Kamal Haasan, Here's Why
- Vishwaroopam 2 Review: A Galloping Ride That Turns Bumpy After A Certain Point!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Twitter Review: Here’s What The Audience Has To Say About Kamal Haasan’s Film
- Before Vishwaroopam 2 Releases, Here's A Recap Of What Happened In Vishwaroopam
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Preview: Will Kamal Haasan Defy The Odds And Deliver A Hit?
- What Is The Status Of Vishwaroopam 2's Release Post Karunanidhi's Demise?
- Pooja Kumar About Vishwaroopam 2: I Have Grown Exponentially Because Of Working With Kamal Haasan
In 2013, veteran actor-director Kamal Haasan gave strong proof of his abilities as an actor when he delivered a rocking performance in Vishwaroopam and left the fans asking for more. The spy-thriller featured the 'Ulaga Nayagn' in the role of a RAW agent and did relatively well at the box office despite facing opposition from a certain section of the society. Now, Kamal is back with Vishwaroopam 2 which hit the screens today(August 10, 2018). The film has been shot on a grand scale. And, needless to say, most fans have high expectations from it. With Vishwaroopam 2 finally in theatres, here is a look whether it lived up to the expectations at the US box office or not.
An Ordinary Start!
According to the latest trade reports, veteran actor Kamal Haasan's spy-thriller Vishwaroopam 2 opened to an average response at the US box office and had managed to collect close to USD 38,604 from 97 locations by 2PM PST. The final figures are likely to be revealed soon and the buzz is that they might not be as high as expected.
Vishwaroopam 2 Fails To Beat Vishwaroopam
Vishwaroopam had collected USD 257,110 at the US box office through premieres. Similarly, Uttama Villain had raked in nearly USD 81,000 in the US on the opening day, Going by the initial trends, Vishwaroopam 2 is unlikely to outperform Vishwaroopam and Uttama Villain.
Did The Numerous Delays Affect The Collections?
Vishwaroopam 2 was originally supposed to hit the screens shortly after the first part. However, it got postponed a number of times for a variety of reasons. The buzz is that this led to a sense of uncertainty around its US release and resulted in it opening on an ordinary note
The WOM Is Mixed
The general feeling is that Vishwaroopam 2's meant strictly for Ulaga Nayagan fans and does not have live up to the high standards set by the original film. As such, the WOM is mixed.
The Way Ahead...
Vishwaroopam 2 will have to do exceptionally good business in the coming days in order to emerge as a blockbuster. Either way, the next few days are crucial for the film and might determine its box office fate