TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
In 2013, veteran actor-director Kamal Haasan gave strong proof of his abilities as an actor when he delivered a rocking performance in Vishwaroopam and left the fans asking for more. The spy-thriller featured the 'Ulaga Nayagn' in the role of a RAW agent and did relatively well at the box office despite facing opposition from a certain section of the society. Now, Kamal is back with Vishwaroopam 2 which hit the screens today(August 10, 2018). The film has been shot on a grand scale. And, needless to say, most fans have high expectations from it. With Vishwaroopam 2 finally in theatres, here is a look whether it lived up to the expectations at the US box office or not.
An Ordinary Start!
According to the latest trade reports, veteran actor Kamal Haasan's spy-thriller Vishwaroopam 2 opened to an average response at the US box office and had managed to collect close to USD 38,604 from 97 locations by 2PM PST. The final figures are likely to be revealed soon and the buzz is that they might not be as high as expected.
Vishwaroopam 2 Fails To Beat Vishwaroopam
Vishwaroopam had collected USD 257,110 at the US box office through premieres. Similarly, Uttama Villain had raked in nearly USD 81,000 in the US on the opening day, Going by the initial trends, Vishwaroopam 2 is unlikely to outperform Vishwaroopam and Uttama Villain.
Did The Numerous Delays Affect The Collections?
Vishwaroopam 2 was originally supposed to hit the screens shortly after the first part. However, it got postponed a number of times for a variety of reasons. The buzz is that this led to a sense of uncertainty around its US release and resulted in it opening on an ordinary note
The WOM Is Mixed
The general feeling is that Vishwaroopam 2's meant strictly for Ulaga Nayagan fans and does not have live up to the high standards set by the original film. As such, the WOM is mixed.
The Way Ahead...
Vishwaroopam 2 will have to do exceptionally good business in the coming days in order to emerge as a blockbuster. Either way, the next few days are crucial for the film and might determine its box office fate