- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (Day 4): Kamal Haasan's Film Is Unstoppable!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Tamil Nadu Box Office Collections 3 Days: Kamal Haasan's Film Reigns Supreme!
- Andrea Jeremiah Comments On The Casting Couch Row, Backs Sri Reddy
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Chennai Box Office Collections Day 1: Kamal Haasan’s Film Fails To Beat Kaala
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Day 1: How Well Did The Movie Perform At The Kochi Multiplexes!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Day 1): Kamal Haasan’s Film Opens On A Decent Note In The US
- Vishwaroopam 2: Andrea Jeremiah Did Not Get Intimidated By Kamal Haasan, Here's Why
- Vishwaroopam 2 Review: A Galloping Ride That Turns Bumpy After A Certain Point!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Twitter Review: Here’s What The Audience Has To Say About Kamal Haasan’s Film
- Before Vishwaroopam 2 Releases, Here's A Recap Of What Happened In Vishwaroopam
- What Is The Status Of Vishwaroopam 2's Release Post Karunanidhi's Demise?
It's no secret that the dashing Kamal Haasan is one of the most respected and talented stars in the Tamil film industry today. A veteran in the truest sense, he is held in high regard thanks to his outspoken nature, graceful personality, an impressive body of work and stunning versatility as an actor. Over the years, he has starred in some of Kollywood's biggest films and this has made him an inseparable part of the industry. At present, he is gearing up for the release of Vishwaroopam 2, which is set to hit the screens tomorrow (August 10, 2018). The film has created a reasonable amount of interest amongst the movie buffs and is going to be Kamal's biggest release in the recent times. With Vishwaroopam 2 mania upon us, here's a look at the film's box office prospects.
A Grand Release!
Vishwaroopam 2 is one of Kamal's most ambitious films and has been shot against a budget of Rs 55 Crore. It is the only big Tamil film to hit the screens this week and being a solo release, it is likely to get more screens than expected.
Will Karunanidhi's Death Affect Vishwaroopam 2?
Former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi passed away on Tuesday (August 7, 2018) and this left countless Tamils heartbroken. The consensus is that the grim mood in Tamil Nadu is likely to affect its box office performance. According to the latest reports, quite a few prime theatres in Chennai have still not opened the bookings. And, needless to say, this is a cause of worry for Kamal and his team.
Will Vishwaroopam 2 Strike Gold In The North?
Vishwaroopam 2 has been simultaneously shot in Hindi as Vishwaroop 2, and the Hindi version too is slated to hit the screens tomorrow. Kamal enjoys a reasonably strong fan following in the Hindi belt thanks to his successful films such as Saagar and Chachi 420 to name a few. As such, Vishwaroop 2 might fare better than expected up North.
Kamal's Political Plans To Harm Vishwaroopam 2?
This June, veteran actor Rajinikanth's big release Kaala under-performed at the box office and this left many in a state of shock. Many in the industry blamed Rajini's political views for the debacle. Just like Rajini, Kamal too has entered politics and has made his ideology quite clear. It will be worth watching whether his political views affect Vishwaroopam 2's performance or not.
Vishwaroopam 2 is Kamal's biggest release in 5 years and marks his return to the big screen after a hiatus. Its box-office performance is going to serve as an indication of whether he has 'still got it'. Needless to say, if the film fails to live up to the expectations, it is going to dent the Ulaga Nayagan's image in a big way. It might also put a question mark on the fate of Indian 2. In other words, this is a make or break film for Kamal.