TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
In 2013, veteran actor-director Kamal Haasan gave his die-hard fans a big reason to rejoice when he delivered a solid performance in Vishwaroopam and left the fans asking for more. Directed by the 'Ulaga Nayagan' himself, the spy-thriller did reasonably well at the box office despite facing several hurdles. Five years later, Kamal is gearing up for the release of Vishwaroopam 2. The film is a spy-thriller and features all the actors who were a part of the first film.
It has created a decent amount of buzz amongst the fans and is slated to hit the screens on August 10, 2018. Now, the film is in the limelight for a shocking reason.
In a development that might affect Vishwaroopam 2's release, the Madaras High Court has asked Kamal and his production house to reply by Monday(August 6, 2018) to a suit for a recovery of Rs 5.44 Crore that seeks a stay on the film's release.
In the petition, the petitioner Pyramid Saimira Productions International has claimed that it had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Kamal's production house in 2008 for the production of a Hindi-Tamil bilingual titled Marmayogi which would be made against a budget of Rs 100 Crore.
Rs 10.90 Crore was paid to Kamal's production house in two instalments towards Kamal's remuneration for for acting in, directing, and writing the film. The petitioner claimed that despite receiving his payments the Apoorva Raagangal actor did not commence work on Marmayogi. The petitioner also claimed that the star is in debt because he borrowed money to promote Vishwaroopam 2 . As an interim relief the petitioner has asked for a stay on Vishwaroopam 2's release.
This is a developing situation and it will be worth watching what happens next.
On a related note, just like the first film, Vishwaroopam 2 is a spy-thriller and features Pooja Kumar and Andrea Jeremiah as the female lead.