- Seema Raja Box Office 1st Day Collections: Sivakarthikeyan's Film Opens Well; Beats Vishwaroopam 2
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (20 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Is On Its Last Legs
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (19 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Witnesses A Huge Drop Again
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (17 Days):Kamal Haasan's Film Shows Growth Over The Weekend
- Vishwaroopam 2 14 Days Box Office Collections Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Has A Terrible Second Week
- Vishwaroopam 2 11 Days Box Office Collection Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Runs Out Of Steam!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Week 1): Kamal Haasan's Film Set To Enter This Elite Club!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (6 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Reaches An Important Milestone!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (Day 4): Kamal Haasan's Film Is Unstoppable!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Tamil Nadu Box Office Collections 3 Days: Kamal Haasan's Film Reigns Supreme!
- Andrea Jeremiah Comments On The Casting Couch Row, Backs Sri Reddy
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
It's no secret that Kamal Haasan is one of the biggest and most respected names in the Tamil film industry today. Fondly referred to as 'Ulaga Nayagan, the veteran actor-director enjoys a strong fan following thanks to his good looks, charismatic personality, remarkable versatility and bold nature. Over the years, he has starred in some of Kollywood's biggest films and this has established him as the pride of K-town. Now, here is some heartbreaking news for his fans. His film Vishwaroopam 2, which released on August 10, 2018, has ended its box office run and proved to be a big flop. Here is the complete report.
An Utter Flop
According to a leading website, Vishwaroopam 2 managed to collect merely Rs 46 Crore at the WW box office and failed to live up to the expectations. The film was shot against a relatively high budget and hence those associated with it are going to incur heavy losses.
A Failed Sequel
Vishwaroopam 2 has not been able to live up to the standards set by the first part. The prequel had collected nearly Rs 100 Crore at the box office despite facing opposition from a certain section of our society.
What Went Wrong?
Vishwaroopam 2 had not been able to generate any kind of pre-release buzz. And, needless to say, this resulted in it opening on a disappointing note. While it fared relatively better in Tamil Nadu, Karunanidhi's death affected its performance quite considerably. The mixed WOM made it difficult for the spy-thriller to recover. The positive response to Kolamaavu Kokila, which released a week after Vishwaroopam 2, too made things worse for Kamal's film.
What's Next For Kamal?
The Vishwaroopam 2 debacle is a big setback for Kamal and is likely to take a toll on his standing in the industry. However, if his next big film Indian 2 does well at the box office, it might help him bounce back. All in all, Shankar's film is going to be a make or break affair for the veteran star. Enough said!