- Seema Raja Box Office 1st Day Collections: Sivakarthikeyan's Film Opens Well; Beats Vishwaroopam 2
- Vishwaroopam 2 Final Box Office Collections: Kamal Haasan's Film Proves To Be A Big Dud
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (20 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Is On Its Last Legs
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (19 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Witnesses A Huge Drop Again
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (17 Days):Kamal Haasan's Film Shows Growth Over The Weekend
- Vishwaroopam 2 14 Days Box Office Collections Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Has A Terrible Second Week
- Vishwaroopam 2 11 Days Box Office Collection Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Runs Out Of Steam!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections(Week 1): Kamal Haasan's Film Set To Enter This Elite Club!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (6 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Reaches An Important Milestone!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (Day 4): Kamal Haasan's Film Is Unstoppable!
- Andrea Jeremiah Comments On The Casting Couch Row, Backs Sri Reddy
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
In 2013, veteran actor Kamal Haasan gave a strong proof of his abilities as a performer when he delivered a strong performance in Vishwaroopam and left the fans asking for more. Directed by the 'Ulaga Nayagan' himself, it featured him in the role of a RAW agent and did well at the box office despite facing protests from a section of our society. Now, five years later, he is in the limelight because of his latest film Vishwaroopam 2. The film hit the screens on August 10, 2018, and opened to a good response at the Tamil Nadu BO despite getting a limited release. Thereafter, it showed growth on Saturday (August 11, 2018) and Sunday (August 12, 2018), and this gave the fans a reason to rejoice. Here is a look at its latest box office figures.
A Rocking First Weekend!
According to a noted trade analyst, Vishwaroopam 2 showed a remarkable growth over the weekend and managed to collect Rs 20.36 Crore at the box office in 3 days flat. The buzz is that this is an impressive feat and it proves that Kamal is still a crowd puller.
Vishwaroopam 2 Overcomes The Odds
Vishwaroopam 2 hit the screens merely three days after former Tamil Nadu CM M Karunanidhi's unfortunate demise. This affected its opening day collections and it did not get many morning shows. Its latest figures indicate that it's overcome the initial setback and emerged as the top pick of the audience.
Has Kamal Mania Overcome A Mixed WOM?
The general feeling is that Vishwaroopam 2 does not live up to the standards set by the first part. Most critics have also stated that the screenplay could have been tighter and added that it tends to get a bit confusing at times. As such, the WOM is mixed. However, the box office numbers indicate that Kamal mania has overpowered the average WOM and helped Vishwaroopam 2 emerge as the king of the BO.
Vishwaroopam 2 is a make or break release for Kamal and it's imperative for it to do extremely well at the box office. By getting off to a good start, Vishwaroopam 2 has won its first major battle. However, the film must hold strong at the BO on the weekdays in order to emerge as a big winner. In other words, the next few days are crucial for the film.