- Thani Oruvan 2: Sayyeshaa Might Play The Female Lead In Jayam Ravi's Film; Deets Inside
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Box Office Collections (6 Days): Nayanthara's Film Is All Set To Become A Big Hit!
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Box Office Collections (4 Days): Nayanthara's Film Has An Awesome First Weekend
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Box Office Collections (2 Days): Nayanthara's Film Opens On A Terrific Note!
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Review: A Taut Thriller Backed By Solid Performances And A Refreshing Film-making!
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Twitter Review: Here's What The Audiences Have To Say!
- Kolamaavu Kokila 10 Days Box Office Collections: Nayanthara's Film Has A Good Second Weekend
- Viswasam First Look: Ajith Kumar's 'Twin Avatars' Are A Treat For His Fans
- Kolamaavu Kokila 3 Days Box Office Collections: Nayanthara's Film Has A Rocking First Weekend
- Kolamaavu Kokila: This Bollywood Director Is Keen To Watch Nayanthara’s Film
- Kolamaavu Kokila Box Office Collections (Day 1): Nayanthara’s Film Opens On A Terrific Note!
- Nayanthara’s Next Movie To Hit The Theatres On This Date?
The 65th Filmfare Awards South 2018 was held on June 16, 2018 in Hyderabad and it was attended by some of the top celebrities of the South Indian film industry. It would be the dream of all movie lovers to see all their favourite stars together in a function and the event offered a platform for the same.
At the same time, the absence of some of the top personalities of the film industry was much noted. Lady Superstar Nayanthara, actor Vijay Sethupathi, Karthi etc., were not seen at the function despite the fact that all of them were declared winners in different categories.
Vijay Sethupathi and Nayanthara were declared as the Best Actor and Best Actress respectively whereas Karthi won the title of Best Actor (Critics) along with Madhavan. Many other Tamil celebrities too decided to give 65th Filmfare Awards South 2018 a miss. What is the reason behind the same? Keep scrolling down to know more.
The Decision Of Nadigar Sangam
According to a report by The News Minute, the top stars of the Tamil film industry decided to skip the event adhering to the decision of Nadigar Singam, the association of Tamil movie artists, to boycott the event.
The Reason Behind The Boycott
At the same time, the report also suggests that the association asked to skip the award event since Filmfare denied to pay the donation amount stipulated by the Nadigar Sangam.
The Response From Nadigar Sangam
The report has also quoted the Nadigar Sangham as saying "In the past, there have been several film related functions, award ceremonies, dance programmes and television programmes in which actors have participated and many have performed in such functions. However, in recent times, such functions have taken a commercial twist, and are conducted as a means to generate huge revenues for such organising entities. Considering the above, it had been officially resolved in Nadigar Sangam special meeting that actors should participate only in functions in which they are paid, or only in functions where the organising entities contribute donations to Nadigar Sangam and Tamil Film Producer Council."
Vishal's Message To The Celebrities
Meanwhile, Vishal took to the microblogging site to thank Nayanthara, Vijay Sethupathi, Simbu, Karthi, Khushbu and others who stood by the decision of the association. He also added that this new initiative is to generate money for the pension scheme of senior artists.