TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Quite typical of director Jyothi Krishna's movies, romance forms the base of this movie too, though the titles suggests a gangster film. Amidst a host of remakes with blood and revenge themes, KD comes as a whiff of fresh air.
This movie is all about a love triangle among three college students. Raghu (Ravi Krishna), a 1st year student is from a middle class family. A powerful politician's sister Priyanka (Tamanna) and middle class family girl Aarthy (Ileana) are classmates of Raghu.
Priyanka is haughty by nature and gives much importance to money. Aarthy's care and affection makes Raghu fall in love with her. Meanwhile, Priyanka falls in love with Raghu. When she comes to know about Aarthy's and Raghu's relationship, she tries to part them. The movie then goes into a serious track with Priyanka's becoming the villain acting. The climax has an interesting twist, ending the movie nicely.
Ravi Krishna's Raghu came across as a "cool" guy in KD; and his acting in the serious parts too was commendable. His dancing too seems to have improved a lot and the dance numbers are good to watch.
Tamanna is very expressive in her role as the thwarted lover, proving that she is not only a glamorous "Barbie Doll" but also a good actress.
Ileana was petite and pretty. Her role as a family-oriented young girl has come across convincingly. Her acting made the difference in Priyanka's and Aarthy's personalities. All in all, a job well done.
Jyothi Krishna has proved his mettle again with KD. The concept of the film is light and palatable and we hope it will do well. The songs were great to listen to and watch and fit in with the moods of the film. For example, "Aathivaasi Naane" song has good editing and cinematography. Ravi Krishna, Tamanna, Ileana and Ramesh Kanna have all done a good job with their roles.
KD -- a heart-warming must-see film.
Cast- Ravi Krishna, Tamanna (debut), Ileana (debut), Ramesh Kanna.
Banner - Sri Surya Movies
Producer - A.M. Rathnam
Story, Screenplay, Dialogues, Director - A.M. Jyothi Krishna
Cinematographer - A.T. Karun
Editing- Cola Bhaskar
Stunts- Ghilli Shekar
Lyrics- Pa.Vijay, Kabilan, Perarasu
Music director - Yuvan Shankar Raja
PRO - Nellai Sundarrajan
Date of Release - 24th September, 2006