TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Maniratnam's next venture in Tamil is Guru and the original version of the movie has been filmed in Hindi and the movie is to be dubbed in Tamil for the audience here. Earlier scheduled to be released in December, the release was postponed and it is now scheduled for release on January 12th.
With Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai playing the lead roles in the movie, the storyline is about an industrialist who wants to change the fate of his country through his dreams. Abhishek has handled the role of Guru Kant Desai, an industrialist. He works very hard and finally achieves his life's ambition.
Though there were earlier rumours that the movie is based on the life of the famous industrialist, Dhirubhai Ambani, the rumours have now been set aside and the movie is going to be released. Sujatha is the name of the role played by Aishwarya Rai and Madhavan is doing the role of a journalist while Vidhya Balan plays the role of his wife.
Mallika Sherawat will appear for an item number and Maniratnam has said that the song will be a patriotic one and her costumes in the song are simply gorgeous. The movie has been filmed as the events took place in the 1960's.
Music for the movie has been composed by AR Rahman and lyrics for the Tamil version have been written by Vairamuthu. Rajiv Menon has, of course, handled cinematography.
Cast : Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Madhavan and Vidhya Balan.
Music Director : A.R. Rahman
Director and Producer: Maniratnam
Banner: Madras Talkies.